I found a "breather" today

So whats with this thing?

Did I win the free combat xp jackpot, or is this thing going to wig out and kill me?

Also it had “breathing Beads” under it any idea what they do?

[quote=“Rookrune, post:1, topic:10292”]So whats with this thing?

Did I win the free combat xp jackpot, or is this thing going to wig out and kill me?

Also it had “breathing Beads” under it any idea what they do?[/quote]
http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Breather

The breather hub creates more breathers around it every 6 turns. Not sure about the breather beads though.

There’s in in-depth (Somewhat) information regarding Artifacts on the wiki:

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Artifacts

Huh. I didn’t know that breathers spawned artifacts…

No wait, I’m assuming “breathing beads” spawned the breathers, not the other way around. Holy shit.

EDIT: Or not, I’m searching the source and can’t find any artifact effects that would spawn it.

Never knew these things existed. Where’d you find this monster, anyway?

They’re a rare find and just sorta…sit around. Personally I think they would be a really good way to practice melee skill without actually putting one’s self in danger, but the thing the central hub always sits on never ceases to tempt me. Most of the time I would say it’s far more useful, though less interesting, to keep the breathers alive.

Also a breather garden just kinda sounds fun. Next time I’m going to keep them around. They’re kind of weird and charming.

So they also spawn an artifact? Aside from presumably the breathing prefix, any other fixed properties to it?

I’m pretty sure they’re the unique area ‘effect’ to the rubble pile found over a breathing artifact. I’ve never seen them anywhere else before.

Extra freaky.

I’ve found this with debug spawned artifacts. Yeah, it’s really freaking weird.
I just take the artifact and go. I really find that I don’t need them. I guess I prefer these to the random explosion area of effect. That’s really annoying when you find it between explosions.