I can't see the difference between Firearm and Gunsmith Repair Kits

Technically only two. A tap and a counter tap. The whole thing could be summed up as a single tool set “Tap and Die set”. The Boring is literally just a drilled hole and then reamed which you can do with a sharp rock in a pinch. A standard tap and die set you’d find at a discount or bulk hardware store is going to contain the 20 most common ID/OD taps and the three sized chucks to hold them. I think I have close to 90 different sizes in my tool box of various ID and OD taps I’ve collected over the years from one project or the other calling for some weird diameter screw or bolt or thread count that SolidWorks said it needed it and the designers didn’t bother to consult the engineers.

Edit: Thanks for reminding me, I need to buy a new reamer.

The difference is the batteries used is implied a lesser quality of battery. Look up E-Bikes. The differences are in there. Weight/torque/battery milliamp hours etc…

So when I used the lesser home made kit. It is acceptable. When I use the better kit. The tools are considered better quality and the over all work is neater. Cleaner. Better. Faster…stronger…and you maybe able to have fine tuning and precision.

What exact tools? Jesus dude, go to a tool shop and ask a few question. Some stuff is just made with better quality. Take a ratchet set I just picked up recently. Walmart sells at $20. Bigger box store has a better quality steel one at $80. If you didn’t know the difference in steel, you would be screwed if you had to rely on those crap tools.