Hypochondria as a disease

Last night I was thinking, and guess what? I had an IDEA!

My idea is adding a hypochondriac disease to C: DDA (I know it’s not actually a disease, but in cataclysm you can get pain killer disease). When you had this disease every time you got injured you would get a significant moral penalty.

You might get this disease by reading medical books (don’t medical students often think they’ve got a disease they’ve been learning about?). It would probably run out after a period of time, but you might also remove it by gaining another level in first aid, to simulate you learning more about medicine and realising you do not have whatever you think you’ve got.

Questions, comments, suggestions?

I get hurt a lot early game. Having that would kill the game for me.

Might be more interesting to rather make it fool the game into thinking that you actually have disease (i.e. the disease panel in character info) without you actually having them rather than having a moral penalty. That said I do think it could take a fair bit of work to code in, but it’s certainly an interesting idea.

I like the idea.

Perhaps just make it as a negative trait?

[/quote]

[/quote]
Call it nervous?
Could make a worse variant of it called terrified.

Ideas kinda count as suggestions and should be placed in the drawing board http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?board=6.0

[quote=“Fish, post:6, topic:4928”][/quote]

[/quote]
Call it nervous?
Could make a worse variant of it called terrified.
[/quote]
Er, why not just call it “Hypochondriac”?
You’ll sometimes think you have diseases even when you don’t have them, and possibly display minor symptoms of them but never develop past that.

As a side note, yeah this does belong in the Drawing Board.

If you add it, make junk that rots away leave around a puddle of rotting smelly junk. And give penalties for stepping in that.