How to unlock martial art ingame?

Hey everybody,

I m asking how to unlock martial art ingame. I never do that on my hundred run and i m tired of brawling style…
We have to found book? Is it automatic when we have unarmed / melee / dodge skill at a point?

Thanks by advance. :slight_smile:

Raid boxing gyms and dojos for books.
Grind up unarmed to lvl 2 for brawling. Brawling is actually quite good, but it has an annoying habit of knocking enemies away all the time.

The books will say it’s “For fun” and will be grayed out, but will actually teach you the style when you read it again.

In-game after the first read, in last line of description says “A complete guide to …”.
The books.

The Shotokan Karate Handbook
Kodokan Judo
Complete Krav Maga
Ultimate Muay Thai
Essence of Nijutsu
Official Taekwondo Training Manual
Becoming one with the Tao
Zui Quan and You
Capoeira 100
The Spirit of Aikido
Practical Pugilism
The Black Snake
The White Tager
The Jade Dragon
The Deaf Leopard
The Red Crane
The Lizard Kuo Chui
The Scorpion Sun Chien
The Centipede Lu Feng
The Viper Wei Pai
The Toad Lo Mang

[quote=“Urist McKoga, post:4, topic:8228”]In-game after the first read, in last line of description says “A complete guide to …”.
The books.

The Shotokan Karate Handbook
Kodokan Judo
Complete Krav Maga
Ultimate Muay Thai
Essence of Nijutsu
Official Taekwondo Training Manual
Becoming one with the Tao
Zui Quan and You
Capoeira 100
The Spirit of Aikido
Practical Pugilism
The Black Snake
The White Tager
The Jade Dragon
The Deaf Leopard
The Red Crane
The Lizard Kuo Chui
The Scorpion Sun Chien
The Centipede Lu Feng
The Viper Wei Pai
The Toad Lo Mang
[/quote]

Any of those work with weapons?

None of those are direct weapon styles, those being: Fencing, Penjak Silat, and Eskrima. However Ninjitsu is compatible with the use of weapons.

It makes your melee attacks silent. Seriously how badass is that.

woohoo, thanks a lot for these complete answer guys !!!
i tried a few time to raid gym, but no books, just furniture, so i doubt this was the way to learn martial art… I was really unlucky then…

Shit, you answer before my next question (concerning martial art with weapon). I have to find another one to bother you all. :wink:
So, are they the same for books concerning Eskrima Fencing and Penjak? Always in dojo / gym?

[quote=“MarcoVGnG, post:7, topic:8228”]woohoo, thanks a lot for these complete answer guys !!!
i tried a few time to raid gym, but no books, just furniture, so i doubt this was the way to learn martial art… I was really unlucky then…

Shit, you answer before my next question (concerning martial art with weapon). I have to find another one to bother you all. :wink:
So, are they the same for books concerning Eskrima Fencing and Penjak? Always in dojo / gym?[/quote]

I’ve yet to come across them. Also if all you are finding in a dojo/boxing gym (not regular gym, no MA books in a regular gym) is furniture why don’t you try looking a little closer at the desks in the back office a little closer…like maybe standing right next to them perhaps.

Afaik, only a few books can be found in the dojos. The rest dont exist in the game (only in the code).

Where can you find the Krav Maga manual?

I’ve found a few in Dojos.

Not sure what the holdup is on this one, but since nobody else seemed interested, I finally slammed out a new book group.

Good jab!

Thanks à lot for answer guys :slight_smile:
Have nice run !

In this vein, I’ve not found a single book in dojos but the standard 5-7 that are ‘normal’. I can find karate, aikido, judo, tai chi, taekwando and boxing (in boxing gyms). I used to rarely find a Krav maga or even a kung fu, but after at least 25 dojos I’ve not even seen one. I did read the git, so there’s a chance of some in military bases, but I haven’t seen anything there yet either.
Have the more exotic arts had their books removed from dojos or does the RNG just hate me more than ever before?

[quote=“Stelknecht, post:15, topic:8228”]In this vein, I’ve not found a single book in dojos but the standard 5-7 that are ‘normal’. I can find karate, aikido, judo, tai chi, taekwando and boxing (in boxing gyms). I used to rarely find a Krav maga or even a kung fu, but after at least 25 dojos I’ve not even seen one. I did read the git, so there’s a chance of some in military bases, but I haven’t seen anything there yet either.
Have the more exotic arts had their books removed from dojos or does the RNG just hate me more than ever before?[/quote]

Kung fu is gonna be a questy kind of thing, yeah.