How to not kill my dog?

I was wandering in the fields collecting stone for a fireplace. Then a dog started following me and I thought “it would be nice to have a companion”. So he followed me in to my house and i locked him in. The problem is, he is in a room that i often go through, and im afraid that i’ll karate chop him if he stands in my way. is there any way i can prevent this?

And for that matter, is there any place that you know have dog food? And does the dog need to eat to survive?

[quote=“dowe0210, post:1, topic:6248”]I was wandering in the fields collecting stone for a fireplace. Then a dog started following me and I thought “it would be nice to have a companion”. So he followed me in to my house and i locked him in. The problem is, he is in a room that i often go through, and im afraid that i’ll karate chop him if he stands in my way. is there any way i can prevent this?

And for that matter, is there any place that you know have dog food? And does the dog need to eat to survive?[/quote]

The dog doesn’t need to eat to survive, but if you feed it dog food, it will become friendly. So uhh… Learn to cook dog food I guess?

I believe you need to craft dog food/find it, and then throw it at the pooch, and then walking into it will give a “Attack?” message. Although this is more a curse than a blessing, because friendly dogs will attack everything they see, and unlike NPCs you can’t tell them to stop.

gotta find a dog whistle and make your own dog food. the dog food doesn’t seem to last forever though. mostly I use it when dogs are nearby and I need some help in a fight. always pisses me right the hell off when a ballsy NPC decides to shoot at my dogs or beat them to death when im not looking. NPCs who do that usually find themselves being taken apart in ways that even zombies cant replicate.

NO ONE ABUSES MY DOGS!

(a)pply it when adjacent, but yeah. Dog whistle toggles attacking/docile, but those are generally tough to come by.

Hopefully pets will be fixed shortly after NPCs.

Before I knew about Dog food I did something similar, just let a dog hang around my base. I grew to be sort of fond of it.

Then one morning I was in a rush to leave, it was on the other side of the basement door, and I accidentally Dragon Kicked it into the stairwell, killing it instantly :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

[quote=“Paquito, post:7, topic:6248”]Before I knew about Dog food I did something similar, just let a dog hang around my base. I grew to be sort of fond of it.

Then one morning I was in a rush to leave, it was on the other side of the basement door, and I accidentally Dragon Kicked it into the stairwell, killing it instantly :frowning: :frowning: :([/quote]
Ouch…

Also, dont try taking your poochie for a drive (DO NOT ASK).

[quote=“Fish, post:8, topic:6248”][quote=“Paquito, post:7, topic:6248”]Before I knew about Dog food I did something similar, just let a dog hang around my base. I grew to be sort of fond of it.

Then one morning I was in a rush to leave, it was on the other side of the basement door, and I accidentally Dragon Kicked it into the stairwell, killing it instantly :frowning: :frowning: :([/quote]
Ouch…

Also, dont try taking your poochie for a drive (DO NOT ASK).[/quote]"C’mon, hop in boy! Atta boy! Time to loot the next tow-“SPLAT"Fuck.”