How to install improvements in the camp?

I assigned the NPC the task of putting up a brazier, they did it, but I can’t return the NPC, it says maybe the vehicle is in the way, (I drove the car far from the camp) it doesn’t help, what should I do?

Your description doesn’t match the known behavior, which is to either successfully make an improvement, or fail to do so with the error message (and the job still active, so it can be tried again when the blocking thing is removed).

Anyway, the experimental version recently had an update to this situation (if it is what I think it is) whereby the error message reports on what the first collision with a vehicle OR APPLIANCE is, to help players find what’s blocking progress. In the game, appliances are technically a kind of vehicles, and the old error message predates the introduction of appliances.

You don’t specify which base/expansion you’re having trouble with, but if it’s the field base camp the location for the first cooking/heating facility is inside the first small (possibly partial) building, so that’s there whatever is in the way would be located.

If all else fails, you can wait until at least 24 hours has passed since the order was given and then use the emergency recall order, which will bring the companion(s) back and fail the task, with the loss of all material, but with the ability to issue the order again later.

1 Like

I have a stable version, but can’t I choose a point where to put it?

I understood everything, it turns out the chemical laboratory was in the way.

1 Like