How Does One Make Charcoal?

[sup]Sup[/sup] Guys, I’m back from beyond the last 11 weeks of college, to ask a very relevent question:
How the held do I make charcoal? I’ve already filled a kiln, and set it on fire in my stone fireplace, but that only resulted in a burnt filled charcoal kiln. So, what is it that I’m missing?

You have to hit ‘e’ on the filled kiln. Not set it on fire. Also I believe you have to place it ( If it’s the small one that you carry in your inventory ) Or build it and fill it with wood or whatever, then hit ‘e’ on it. It should ask you if you want to light it. Then wait till it finishes and BAM Charcoal.

Thanks man, I made a potentially fatal error

Assemble the filled kiln and activate it, then wait a while. After it finishes you disassemble it.

Easier now to build a big one outside (using the construction menu). They can make over 100 units at a time.

Guys, I'm back from beyond the last 11 weeks of college, to ask a very relevent question:
I don't see any reason in bringing this claim.

[quote=“EditorRUS, post:6, topic:9207”]

Guys, I’m back from beyond the last 11 weeks of college, to ask a very relevent question:

I don’t see any reason in bringing this claim.[/quote]

Actually, it can be quite useful to know, because many things change between versions.
For example, while the regular welded kiln existed for a while, the constructed kiln is quite new (2-3 months?).