How do i open a black box?

I cant open a black box and i dont know what im looking for.

Black boxes can’t be “opened” like cardboard boxes. A black box logs the flight data from aircraft (hence, their prevalence at crash sites).
They can be decoded in science labs, however. Labs have large glass-walled rooms with a couple of desks and a central console. With a computers skill of 3 or so, you can hack the console to decode the black box, giving you a printout of the flight data.

Where do i find the lab? Also i dont know how to extinguish a fire.

Fire EXTINGUISHER.

Where to find lab?

Run around outside of towns … follow roads to their ends. They’ll semi-often end in Science Labs (it’ll be a blue ‘L’ on the map). You’ll need a science ID card to get inside (from scientist corpses) or some explosives to blow a hole in the outer bunker.

No offense meant, but the topic of this thread amuses me to the same degree that “Topic: How many minutes in a lightyear?” would. Ah, the beauty of pure text games combined with misleading conceptual terms that can be taken out of context.

[quote=“CIB, post:7, topic:4718”]No offense meant, but the topic of this thread amuses me to the same degree that “Topic: How many minutes in a lightyear?” would. Ah, the beauty of pure text games combined with misleading conceptual terms that can be taken out of context.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box[/quote]

Wait right there.

A light year equals 31 556 926 light seconds. A meter equals the distance light traverses in 1/299,792,458 seconds this means that:

That means that there are 9.4605284 × 10^15 meters in a light year.

assuming earth time, a minute=27900 meters

So there are 339094282171 minutes in a light year.

[spoiler](Somewhere, my physics teacher is crying, actually I think all my teachers are crying right now)

Also its pretty surprising that dividing a light year by the distance a point in the equator travels in one minute gave me whole number someone must have made the estimations coincide on purpose[/spoiler]

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:8, topic:4718”][quote=“CIB, post:7, topic:4718”]No offense meant, but the topic of this thread amuses me to the same degree that “Topic: How many minutes in a lightyear?” would. Ah, the beauty of pure text games combined with misleading conceptual terms that can be taken out of context.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box[/quote]

Wait right there.

A light year equals 31 556 926 light seconds. A meter equals the distance light traverses in 1/299,792,458 seconds this means that:

That means that there are 9.4605284 × 10^15 meters in a light year.

assuming earth time, a minute=27900 meters

So there are 339094282171 minutes in a light year.

[spoiler](Somewhere, my physics teacher is crying, actually I think all my teachers are crying right now)

Also its pretty surprising that dividing a light year by the distance a point in the equator travels in one minute gave me whole number someone must have made the estimations coincide on purpose[/spoiler][/quote]

A simple question has evolved into a deep conversation on metaphysical distances across measurements we cannot even fathom.

Its getting DEEP.

The funny thing is that the type of black box we are referring to (a Flight Recorder) isn’t even black. Usually they are instead bright orange. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also get into labs with teleporters, certain bionics, cars, explosives and electrohacks (fingerhacks count I think).

Due to rarely playing on the normal mode I have yet to actually open one of these. What does the data mean for the player, revealed map info?

I dont quite remember, but this papetr is just an NPC quest item. And a poor, useless reading material. And, of course, fuel for one of the most powerful weapon:FIRE.