How can I create a campfire and do survivaly things?

Yes, but you may need to build a bigger fire.[/quote]

If my little crafted campfire idea (should it make it’s way into the game thanks to some nice coder), a fireplace or any other fire you build not be enough to keep you warm, maybe we need to add a radiant heat reflector to the crafting too? - Just a metal sheet and a couple of chunks to prop it up should be all that’s needed to form a big one, even less metal for something smaller & lightweight - a couple of cans perhaps, or maybe just a log in the right spot - though a reflector’s in-game mechanic of throwing the heat back opposite to placement I don’t even wanna think about…

Barring that there’s always the options to either stand near lava or empty a gallon of gasoline on the floor & light it - both guaranteed to warm you up sharpish!

[quote=“Sentinel, post:16, topic:4620”][quote=“Fish, post:14, topic:4620”]WAIT! Before you go make a campfire make a camp fire make sure it is isolated!
Otherwise nearby brush may catch fire and toast you. (I’ve done it before with lighting bushes on fire to make a insta fire to cook meat.)[/quote]

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:15, topic:4620”]Why not just carry a brazier around?

Not that i actually do that, I often just light nearby bushes on fire and roast a few pieces of meat before it becomes a raging inferno, If i still need more food I just move to the next bush.[/quote]

Smokey the Bear must love you guys XD

[/quote]

Uhhhhh while we are on the topic of fire don’t light gas pumps…
My friend however loves to. Hes over kingdom come and hes not in an airplane.

EDIT I found out about nearby brush catcing fire when I went to sleep next to my fire… In the end not a good idea.

[quote=“Tilion, post:21, topic:4620”]If my little crafted campfire idea (should it make it’s way into the game thanks to some nice coder), a fireplace or any other fire you build not be enough to keep you warm, maybe we need to add a radiant heat reflector to the crafting too? - Just a metal sheet and a couple of chunks to prop it up should be all that’s needed to form a big one, even less metal for something smaller & lightweight - a couple of cans perhaps, or maybe just a log in the right spot - though a reflector’s in-game mechanic of throwing the heat back opposite to placement I don’t even wanna think about…

Barring that there’s always the options to either stand near lava or empty a gallon of gasoline on the floor & light it - both guaranteed to warm you up sharpish![/quote]

I like those ideas a lot.

Last I heard, fire also doesn’t spread if it’s in a pit. Not sure if Shallow works.

WHAAATTTT!?!?!?!

You could just, you know, smash all the bushes/small trees around you. Takes much less time and energy than digging a pit. Well, in game anyway, it would probably take more button presses player-wise.

WHAAATTTT!?!?!?![/quote]

Just tested:

Shallow keeps a small fire contained. Adding 200 gasoline lets the fire spread to the adjacent Shrub and rum puddle.

Deep stops the gasoline-fueled fire from spreading.

One more reason to carry an entrenching tool. :wink:

I usually just set a big stick on fire if I need a convenient fire to cook from unless I have the Mini-Flamethrower bionic. In which case I just go home and cook at my ENTIRELY METAL HOUSE.

Posted by: Labtop_215 « on: Today at 05:23:08 AM » I usually just set a big stick on fire if I need a convenient fire to cook from unless I have the Mini-Flamethrower bionic. In which case I just go home and cook at my[u][i][b] ENTIRELY METAL HOUSE[/b][/i][/u].

Oh you lucky! I can’t even make it far enough into surviving to even think about building a house!

For crafting-grade fires I currently use a single skewer. Weighs almost nothing and a single skewer will burn long enough and hot enough to grill some meat and boil some water.