Game Issue

ever sence an exspermental update idk why but my options flickers when i press a key

It appears to be an issue with the game refreshing the screen to much.

Is it back? I’m still playing on the Nov. 30 build which fixed the flickering introduced on Nov. 8.

It’s back. It hits when moving things around using aim, when the sleep time dialogue pops up, while repairing vehicles… taht’s all I can remember from my last play session on 0.C - 3995 earlier today. There were more but the specifics escape me.

I am also experiencing this.

I don’t know if any of you are playing on the console version, but if you do there’s literally no reason to pick it over the SDL version since the latter offers the exact same experience and even more (like a Fullscreen mode and custom tilesets).

Downloading one of the newer experimental versions, I experienced the same unbearable flickering you did. It never happened before so I checked the game again and it turns out I accidentally downloaded the console version (I don’t play with custom tiles so I didn’t notice the difference at first). I deleted the game and downloaded the SDL version; once in-game, I turned tiles off (ASCII all the way) and set the game to fullscreen mode. This solved any issue I had, whether it’s a laggy game in windowed mode or flickering in the console version. Maybe software rendering did something too, but I didn’t really notice any difference after turning it on.

[quote=“KliPeH, post:6, topic:11031”]I don’t know if any of you are playing on the console version, but if you do there’s literally no reason to pick it over the SDL version since the latter offers the exact same experience and even more (like a Fullscreen mode and custom tilesets).

Downloading one of the newer experimental versions, I experienced the same unbearable flickering you did. It never happened before so I checked the game again and it turns out I accidentally downloaded the console version (I don’t play with custom tiles so I didn’t notice the difference at first). I deleted the game and downloaded the SDL version; once in-game, I turned tiles off (ASCII all the way) and set the game to fullscreen mode. This solved any issue I had, whether it’s a laggy game in windowed mode or flickering in the console version. Maybe software rendering did something too, but I didn’t really notice any difference after turning it on.[/quote]

On the other hand, I don’t use tiles and like my old config files that I haven’t changed in literally years that give me almost exactly a full screen without stretching the ascii, and I’ve never had a problem with console in more than a year of experimentals.