Flyers

is it just me, or do you imagine the descriptions in the flyers to look like the PIPBoy cartoon characters from Fallout?

Not exactly PIPBoy, but yeah, something like that.
Why do you ask about it, anyway?

lol just curious, wondering how many other fallout fans there are on here. the descriptions on the flyers are just so Falloutish it’s hard not to picture them that way.

IT’S VAULT BOY FFS

[size=4pt]This was meant as a joke…[/size]

Except in Fallout Tactics, where they did accidentally call him Pip Boy.

Oh tactics, how did it all go so wrong?

At least it wasn’t Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Interplay made a mistake letting someone other than Black Isle make a Fallout game; They made an even worse mistake when they tried to make one.

At least it wasn’t Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Interplay made a mistake letting someone other than Black Isle make a Fallout game; They made an even worse mistake when they tried to make one.[/quote]

It was just a Fallout flavored clone of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, and a piss-poor one at that.

Getting back on topic: I do get a sort-of Fallout Vault-Boy/Bioshock Plasmid ad sort of vibe from the flyers.

which coincides with the power armor and sish kabob. lots of Fallout references in CDDA, wouldn’t it be neat if some day a Fallout game has a CDDA reference?

Except in Fallout Tactics, where they did accidentally call him Pip Boy.[/quote]

Not really. He was the Pipboy in Fallout 2 as well. Unless you’re talking about the CORE-pipboy upgraded version, and even then the capitalization is the only glitch.

I don’t recall him appearing in-universe (as in, the character sees one or a representation thereof) in FO1.

Posted by: HunterAlpha1 « on: January 08, 2014, 11:35:55 PM » which coincides with the power armor and sish kabob. lots of Fallout references in CDDA, [b][u]wouldn't it be neat if some day a Fallout game has a CDDA reference?[/u] [/b]

This. This would be awesome.

[quote=“KA101, post:10, topic:4713”]Not really. He was the Pipboy in Fallout 2 as well. Unless you’re talking about the CORE-pipboy upgraded version, and even then the capitalization is the only glitch.

I don’t recall him appearing in-universe (as in, the character sees one or a representation thereof) in FO1.[/quote]
I don’t ever remember him being called Pip boy in Fallout 2. For that matter, I don’t even remember if he’s ever called Vault Boy in-game.
You might be thinking of the dude on the Pip-boy 2000 with the red hair and different outfit, he’s the RobCo mascot for the Pip-Boy series. For reference

[quote=“Datanazush, post:12, topic:4713”][quote=“KA101, post:10, topic:4713”]Not really. He was the Pipboy in Fallout 2 as well. Unless you’re talking about the CORE-pipboy upgraded version, and even then the capitalization is the only glitch.

I don’t recall him appearing in-universe (as in, the character sees one or a representation thereof) in FO1.[/quote]
I don’t ever remember him being called Pip boy in Fallout 2. For that matter, I don’t even remember if he’s ever called Vault Boy in-game.
You might be thinking of the dude on the Pip-boy 2000 with the red hair and different outfit, he’s the RobCo mascot for the Pip-Boy series. For reference

[/quote]wow, that pic you posted really took me back! time to pop in the disk for another replay.

[quote=“Datanazush, post:12, topic:4713”][quote=“KA101, post:10, topic:4713”]Not really. He was the Pipboy in Fallout 2 as well. Unless you’re talking about the CORE-pipboy upgraded version, and even then the capitalization is the only glitch.

That’s as may be, but the character distinctly sees a PipBoy character if you mess around with the Vault City central computer. (Before or after you finish the game.) If they’re supposed to be totally separate characters, I think that’s a retcon, not a “mistake” on FOT or FO2’s part.

Uhh… hmm. Wow, I got nothing about the Vault City computer. They were always meant to be separate characters though, Vault Boy is based off of Uncle Pennybags, from monopoly where Pip-Boy is inspired by the Big Boy mascot. It was a mistake on FOT’s part, and also Van Buren, where the new team accidentally replaced the Pip-Boy mascot with the Vault boy.

(Side note, I am really learning a lot about the fallout series right now.)

Uhh… hmm. Wow, I got nothing about the Vault City computer. They were always meant to be separate characters though, Vault Boy is based off of Uncle Pennybags, from monopoly where Pip-Boy is inspired by the Big Boy mascot. It was a mistake on FOT’s part, and also Van Buren, where the new team accidentally replaced the Pip-Boy mascot with the Vault boy.

(Side note, I am really learning a lot about the fallout series right now.)[/quote]yeah same here. as a side side note, this thread should probably be move to the Other Games board.