Energy consumption is off

I’ve noticed RV minifridges and UPS recharging stations are particularly ravenous on vehicle electric supplies. Is this intended or is it collateral damage from the recent changes in energy density?

Right now, according to testing on my customized Armored Car, the minifridge requires 8 intact standard solar panels to break even on energy consumption. Previously, with only 4 solar panels, the UPS recharger (assuming the minifridge was off) devoured a handful of percentile points from the Armored Car’s 82500 battery units (car battery + 2 storage batteries) in 5 minutes.

This is all with the engine off. My testing hasn’t been particularly exhaustive, but I’ve definitely felt it’s off.

Thoughts? Either energy consumption is too high, or generation is too low.

Collateral.
Could be (most likely is) missed multiplication - old unit was kWh, new one is kJ.

So 1 kilo-watt hour = 3600 kilojoules.

How do we go about fixing this?

A PR is already queued that contains a fix for this

Found it. Looks great. Let’s hope it gets implemented soon!

Energy generation seems pretty far off as well. I’ve had a solar car with six panels sitting outside my house for days and it’s battery levels have barely twitched in that time. Probably because my hideout is in the basement so most of the time I spend the car is outside the bubble?

Would be nice if vehicles and other ‘active’ objects such as house generators and UPS chargers recorded the last time they were in the bubble and retroactively ran an update based on the amount of time that has passed when they re-enter, so that time seems to pass for them appropriately - this should be pretty damn cheap to do, given the relatively small number of vehicles in the game.

[quote=“Vastin, post:6, topic:13059”]Energy generation seems pretty far off as well. I’ve had a solar car with six panels sitting outside my house for days and it’s battery levels have barely twitched in that time. Probably because my hideout is in the basement so most of the time I spend the car is outside the bubble?

Would be nice if vehicles and other ‘active’ objects such as house generators and UPS chargers recorded the last time they were in the bubble and retroactively ran an update based on the amount of time that has passed when they re-enter, so that time seems to pass for them appropriately - this should be pretty damn cheap to do, given the relatively small number of vehicles in the game.[/quote]

That’s odd. I thought that vehicle solar panels had been fixed such that they work even outside of the reality bubble (or catch up upon reentering reality bubble). You are on the experimental right? For me my lootmobile gains energy the same whether or not it’s in my bubble (baring cloud/rain)