Driving to 1 in .71

I have a pretty good game going in .71. I am getting pretty strong. Have robust genetics and gotten some good mutations to make me stronger (high night vision, very fast healing, road-runner (already had quick to start) and skills are going good.

have not been able to find a driving book. I generally found that before driving got to 1 driving was a real problem. what do you do to get your driving to 1 without just wrecking cars. Im not really into stripping down cars and making good ones. Its a bit of a hassle. I also like the fuel efficiency of motorcycles. I prefer motorcycles since there are so many cars on the road (especially in town). I can’t get through on a regular car. Im getting ready to do some serious exploring.

so what do you do?

also is there any method you can use to move cars out of the way in town? I posted a recommendations that cars should spawn on the sides of the roads to make the game more convenient.

IMHO, its not really important to get your driving to 1 before using vehicles. If you keep below 64mph and avoid the centers of cities, you will be completely safe while fumbling.

You can grind driving skill by pressing left and right while driving instead of “.”.
Also if you use cars , you can easily slingshot all of the wrecked cars into another dimension , but watch out because they can do the same to you.

[quote=“woflsipder, post:3, topic:2659”]You can grind driving skill by pressing left and right while driving instead of “.”.
Also if you use cars , you can easily slingshot all of the wrecked cars into another dimension , but watch out because they can do the same to you.[/quote]

We finally have an answer for the ages-old question, “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?”. Most of the time one of them moves to random direction with random speed.

Now, where are my car bombs to make use of the fact that one can dive out of one’s car?

Driving off-road do any damage to the car/bike??? it seems to me that my bike engine turned red and started with the noises, i settle down in a nowhere gas station and the fastest way to the town is trough the field…

It sounds like you forced and damaged the engine, going to fast tends to do that.

Which really shouldn’t happen with bikes, I mean it’s not like you can really supercharge a bike pedal (if there is a hardcore bike rider out there who has ever destroyed their pedal by going to fast then by all means, enlighten me :P).

Which really shouldn’t happen with bikes, I mean it’s not like you can really supercharge a bike pedal (if there is a hardcore bike rider out there who has ever destroyed their pedal by going to fast then by all means, enlighten me :P).[/quote]

Actually I managed to break my bike chain once, of course it was on my old cheap bike and it was quite rusted

Yup. I’ve put a V8 on my bicycle. I’ve learned to bend my knees, too.
IMHO, driving (even on skill LVL 3 | 98%) can invite death in. Just pass too close to a house, and slam that RED glowing fuel tank onto the edge of the building. So, careless driving, even in CataDDA, equals evil stepmother with a chainsaw.