Don't know if bug or my mistake

Hi everyone! I’m new to the forum. I’ve been playing Cataclysm since the old Whales days, but since yesterday I’m getting this error message while trying to compile:

src/item_location.cpp:45:22: error: looser throw specifier for ‘virtual item_location::item_on_map::~item_on_map()’
src/item_location.cpp:17:13: error: overriding ‘virtual item_location::impl::~impl() noexcept (true)’
src/item_location.cpp:168:22: error: looser throw specifier for ‘virtual item_location::item_on_vehicle::~item_on_vehicle()’
src/item_location.cpp:17:13: error: overriding ‘virtual item_location::impl::~impl() noexcept (true)’
make: *** [obj/item_location.o] Error 1

I’ve never had a problem compiling before. Don’t know what it is, don’t know how to fix it. Any ideas?

Can you give some information regarding your environment? (OS, toolchain used, compiler version, etc)

Not much. I’m really not that proficient with Linux. I’m using Debian Wheezy. I simply followed the instructions on the wiki to compile, and it has always worked.

Run g++ --version and post that information.

What I get when I run “g++ --version” is this: g++ (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2 plus license info. I’ve already delete the source code and dowloaded it again, and I still get the same error :confused:

if you want .C stable there’s an already compiled version on the main site page.

There is an issue about the exact same problem on github: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/12899 - the solution is to upgrade the compiler.