Does shock absorber on a vehicle reduce the transmission of shock damage?

When the shock pass through an absorber, I expect the absorber would absorb some of the shock and reduce the shock damage transmitted to the next tile. One shock absorbing material seems to work this way:

Shock absorber added to springs of a car would dampen the shock wave (the compression and rebound of the spring):

For example, suppose a tile with shock absorber absorbs 20% of the shock damage and a tile without shock absorber absorbs 4% of the shock damage. I would expect to see something like this:

• [Spiked ram, 100% shock damage] → [Shock absorber 1, 100% * (1 - 20%) = 80% shock damage] → [Shock absorber 2, 80% * (1 - 20%) = 64% shock damage] → [No shock absorber, 64% * (1 - 4%) = 61.44% shock damage] → [Solar panel, 61.44% * (1 - 4%) = 58.98% shock damage]

However, when I look at the description of the pull request in github, shock absorber seems to only reduce the shock damage to the tile of the absorber without reducing the damage to the subsequent tiles:

The “testing” section of the description suggests the shock absorber only reduce shock damage at the tile of the absorber. I guess that means this:

• 100% shock damage → [shock absorber 1, 1 - 20% = 80% shock damage] → [no shock absorber, 1 - 4% = 96% shock damage]

Does shock absorber only reduce the shock damage at the tile of the absorber without reducing the transmission of shock damage to subsequent tiles?

Does shock absorber only reduce the shock damage at the tile of the absorber without reducing the transmission of shock damage to subsequent tiles?

yes

Transmitted damage falls with distance to where it happened, but this is unrelated to the shock absorber.