Does radiogenic work?

I went with the experiment scenario and took radiogenic which heals you when irradiated after punching a cleaning robot it exploded in my face nearly killing me so I rolled around in sewage for a while assuming the radiation would heal me but after some time I started taking damage and dying. Since I was almost dead the radiation finished me off

With Radiogenic, some radiation will periodically be consumed to heal you. Too much of it will still add up beyond what your Radiogenic will consume and make you sick and possibly dead.

thanks but on another topic will any level of the radioactivity mutation be able to overcome my healing?

Acquaintances of mine have said that the second and third level of Radioactivity are PURIFY IT NOW territory but that the first level of Radioactivity is A-OK. I haven’t tested any of this myself.

The Radioactivity mutation and above will harm you, the minor one not. 10+ Radiation in a tile is dangerous and hurts you after a time but 10 and belwo have no real affect on you. A level of 200 points radiation in your body is harmless too.

If you have the Radioactivity mutations get purifier as fast as you can, cause it seems that tiles won’t loose their radiation levels at all and a 20 level tile is bad if you forget about it.

I have experience in that matter as I took test-subject with radiogenic and minor radiactivity and had later the radiactivity mutation. Oh and it will hurt faster than it heals (and give hefty debuffs + nausea)

Radiogenic was nerfed hard quite recently - it was 6 times as fast as regeneration mutation and required only a tiny amount of radiation to work.

No you want to keep the radiation moderately low - when it starts dropping your stats, it is beginning to get dangerous.

For some actual numbers:

[spoiler=exact mechanic]Radiogenic has a (radiation/100)% chance of triggering once per 30 minutes. Any more than 100 radiation will not help.
When it triggers, you heal all body for 1 and lose 5 radiation.

Radiation hurts you at 150 radiation. When it starts hurting, radiogenic will only slow down the damage and won’t outheal it.
To approximate your radiation level: it drops your strength at 80, perception at 100 and intelligence at 120.
[/spoiler]

This is no longer the case. Now minor radioactivity will make you vomit once in a while and will sometimes slightly drop your strength, while moderate radioactivity will mean you won’t be able to sit in one spot for long, at least not without taking iodine or wearing hazmat.

Is it implemented in the experimentals? It worked as I said in the stable. Now I would wish for a “resistance against Radiation” mutation (would give you a higher limit of radiation/limit the max amount of radiation you can have in your body)…

Is it implemented in the experimentals? It worked as I said in the stable. Now I would wish for a “resistance against Radiation” mutation (would give you a higher limit of radiation/limit the max amount of radiation you can have in your body)…[/quote]

Correct. I’d presumed folks would take the sewage option, also.