Cyrillic fonts for the tileset version

I was trying to install various fonts to this game for whole day long, only 2-3 of them worked (and they were not cyrillic).

I just need good, cyrillic font for the tileset version!
Which fonts are supported by tileset version? (UbuntuMono-R, the only cyrillic font that worked, has not enough symbols for this game :confused: )

i find that droid (regular) works fine both under windows and linux (except for some minor issues): it represents the cdda world & objects well enough while remaining readable (unlike many cool square fonts out there). my fontdata is set for 12x12 character frame. see the attached screenshots.

and it’s has cyrillics too, although i don’t really see why one would need a cyrillic set of characters for cdda, am i missing something there? even the note-taking tool of the map view just won’t display cyrillic notes properly.

[quote=“tivasyk, post:2, topic:6560”]i find that droid (regular) works fine both under windows and linux (except for some minor issues): it represents the cdda world & objects well enough while remaining readable (unlike many cool square fonts out there). my fontdata is set for 12x12 character frame. see the attached screenshots.

and it’s has cyrillics too, although i don’t really see why one would need a cyrillic set of characters for cdda, am i missing something there? even the note-taking tool of the map view just won’t display cyrillic notes properly.

[/quote]

We have a significant portion of the playerbase who are native speakers/readers/writers of languages that use Cyrillic. So yeah, it kinda helps accessibility if we have a good font for 'em.

Anyone know of a good font that’s compatible with CC-BY-SA, let us know!

AFAIK, Droid is open-source - I’m using it in my own game, the only thing I had to do was to attribute the originl authors.

i speak two languages that use cyrillic alphabet, but i fail to see how cyrillic could be of any use in cdda… unless the game supports full translations some day. not sure if that is even in plans =/ i agree that would be great for many out there and while personally i’m fine playing english version i’d help translating.

update (2014-10-24). ah, now i see that translations are in the new experimental builds (0.A 2276 76279a7 was the version i checked today), so it makes sence to me now =)

AFAIK, Droid is open-source - I’m using it in my own game, the only thing I had to do was to attribute the originl authors.[/quote]
droid is under apache license, which is virtually free to use in a project like cdda, but still not open-source afaik.