Collector items/artefacts

I agree. I’m a brony myself and even I don’t really like derailing threads with pony stuff… Speaking of, back on topic, collector’s items and luxuries. Perhaps we could have a seperate “personality” area in character creation where you put points in stuff that give you an extra morale boost if you listen to it? +1 to music means you feel happier listening to music. +1 to fruit means you like fruit more. +1 to candy means you like unhealthy but sweet food more. You could even add a few more things as well to that idea, thinking about it.

Back to the topic
Wasting my precius skill-trait points in another thing that arent skill-traits? No thank you, I rarely use the mp3 or eat fruit.

Yeah, but just because you wouldn’t use it doesn’t mean others won’t. I barely use any traits apart from parkour expert but other people get along with them. Besides, morale is probably going to have a bigger impact, probably as a sanity meter or somesuch, so it could be a viable tactic having favorites to keep your morale as high as possible.

I dont want a sanity meter. They are all broken. Seriusly, I dont want to spend my precius night-time in my house-fortress listening to music because I saw a Z eating a corpse and Im too scared to go outside.

It’d probably be less PTSD and more Eternal Darkness, in my opinion at least. You wouldn’t be afraid, you’d just be hallucinating and in constant doubt of your own senses. Like schizophrenia.

Now thats a good idea. +1 to it

I like it because it donest totally change the gameplay, and adds a negative trait which is fairy easy to do.
Also because Schizophrenia is scary. Id really love to hear voices or “SMASHES!” in my cave or house. Dark wyrms and Hulks scare the shit outa me :<

Schizophrenia is actually in the game, but I think with the sanity system it could be switched out for “mentally unstable”, meaning you’re more likely to hallucinate and when you go mad, you go really mad.

I know I brought up Eternal Darkness regarding finishing targets for a morale bonus. Sanity effects resulting from low morale seem a bit harsh, unless “low” is under -100 or so, which currently just reduces stats & minimizes XP gain. Recall that being out in the Rain is worth up to -60.

(I take Trigger Happy: that might lead to X-COM style going Berserk?)

Carrying these items also introduces the case of gaining a constant morale boost in exchange for carrying otherwise dead weight.

To be fair, rain does kind of suck. Although after living with it for twenty four years, I’ve started to build up an immunity to feeling crappy when standing in a downpour. Perhaps they could add some kind of trait for that?

Oregonian - 1 point: Maximum morale penalty for rain is capped at -30.

To be fair, rain does kind of suck. Although after living with it for twenty four years, I’ve started to build up an immunity to feeling crappy when standing in a downpour. Perhaps they could add some kind of trait for that?

Oregonian - 1 point: Maximum morale penalty for rain is capped at -30.[/quote]
So Rain & Drizzle would be equivalent. Half-off would be better IMO, but at least one wouldn’t be unable to roast up some dinner because one just came in from the rain.