Code refactoring

Do you have any plans for refactoring the code? I think, it is not necessary to prove why code is terrible and why is it bad?

Happens all the time, generally before or during adding features related to particular section of code.
Or more rarely, when removing features that were underused or otherwise meaningless.

You need the Great Plan For Refactoring. You have 2 huge class: “game” and “player”, with logic of one thing in different places and all this “moves -= 50;”. You want unified policy of project organization, because other dev’s (like me) don’t know what you want do with code in future.
For example, you want do “Effect::code()” and class for every effect, instead “player::hardcoded_effects”?

“game” class generally handles the main loop and input. “player” handles stats, actions and effect that affect the player.
Most of what is in “player” right now will be slowly moved to “Character”, so that what is left is mostly UI.

This could be good, but it would require setting up a number of getters and setters, adding a system for pairing hardcoded effects with their functions (something like “iexamine_function_from_string”) and changing a lot of the code in hardcoded effects (as most of it assumes this == &g->u).
Not too hard, but that would still be quite a bit of work.

If you want to do some refactoring, you can just start. If the refactoring is extensive and you want feedback on what direction it should take, ask targeted questions or post your plans for feedback.
We dont have time to plan out every possible way to improve the codebase on the off chance that someone will use it to fix things.

Ok. I have suggestion: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12020.0