Churl Start?

[tt]Thou shalt not falt’r in thine quest to liveth in this curs’d w’rld, doth proce’d with vig’r and keepeth thine wits about! the dead loom and await those who art not careful!

Practiceth in one’s bushcraft shall aid in one’s survival, and maketh haste in f’rging cook’ry and tools from stone

A warmeth fireth did fill with logs shall keepeth thee comf’rtable in these bitt’rly cold nites, taketh careth yond the flames doth not spread

But most of all, keepeth prayeth’r in one’s heart, and wits in thy mind and prayeth yond f’rtune smiles upon thee![/tt]

If only the fire circles were less stone heavy.

FYI, you can smash small boulders with a powerful bashing weapon to get 1-10 rocks. I assume you’d get more from the bigger boulders, but I think you’d need a hydraulic strength CBM to break those.

For a churl in the middle of nowhere how do you expect that to be possible?

Find a hulk, get smashed through it…?

For a churl in the middle of nowhere how do you expect that to be possible?[/quote]

I don’t, hence why I was only emphasizing the small boulders.

If it was me in this situation, I’d make a travois and pack it up with whatever food and tools I could use in a long journey, using logs to keep myself warm on the way.

If you can, follow a road until you find a town - if you’re deep in the wilderness then pick a direction and keep at it.

However if you’re completely avoiding civilization, then I suggest finding a swamp. They’re a bit dangerous, but you could find a huge amount of supplies, namely salt, plant fiber and starch/flour if you can process the cattails.

Using logs and other materials you could eventually make a bow to hunt game and craft warm clothing, have ways to preserve food and even build a small log house and fireplace. From then on you’re good to go

I forgot to mention that if you’re lucky you can find a helicopter crash site (indicated by a massive metal wreckage) you can salvage this metal and can make a plethora of items from it, not to mention if you’re lucky you can find some military grade gear.

Find a Motel, They seem to be somewhat common outside of city and you get everything you need in terms of wood, water and rags in them. (I did my run with city slightly further appart so it mght have made things easyer)

And as far as books are concerned find yourself some NPC to read to you, if you have wander spawn off then i don’t know.

I’ve been doing a wilderness character lately, and helicopter crashes are handy, but I noticed something funny: I got significantly more metal from smashing the motorcycle from a nearby field camp site than I got from digging up an entire helicopter site.
I’ve been meaning to double check this in my Testworld setup, to verify it wasn’t just luck. If it’s not, and CDDA helicopters are smaller and lighter than a motorcycle, then I think I’ve gotta file an issue.