CBM installation: side effects upon successful operation

Basically I want to explore the option of receiving mild, serious or even chronic pain upon successful CBM installation. Also other side effects. This would blur the line between complete success and clear failure. I will present potential side effects:

1. Pain: short-term, long-term, permanent, mild, serious; any combination of strength and duration. You might need constant pain medication from now on.
  2. Receive a negative trait in the process, but from a limited pool and per-CBM basis. This could be a way to gain Schizophrenia, Chemical Imbalance, Insomnia or Claustrophobia. I would also suggest that you lose the trait when the relevant CBM is removed. Or not. Whatever the traits, should they be outside the influence of mutagens?
  3. Instant damage to the immune system. Basically it’d be the same as eating a whole bunch of unhealthy food. You would recover from it eventually, but you would be vulnerable to ambient diseases.
  4. In case of eye-related CBMs, get bouts of blindness, lasting 6-60 seconds. But not minutes or hours because I feel that would be too severe, even if the player was aware that the blindness is temporary.
  5. Fatigue, tiredness. Instantly get Dead Tired, or drop the fatigue close to zero.
  6. Temporary vertigo. Same as drunken walk, probably the same semi-random shamble that the zombies do. The player character would take steps to a direction that’s adjacent to the intended direction. For example, a step north could result either in a step to the northwest or northeast.

I would also hope that the player is informed which CBM is the culprit of an ailment. Heh, even multiple choices could be presented, such as “You experience severe headache. It could be the Diamond Cornea or the Enhanced Memory Banks.” Also have the Blood Analysis CBM always reveal faulty CBMs, or alternatively, create a CBM Diagnostics tool, or even Cybernetic Module Diagnostics CBM, which would even reveal if it itself is a cause of a problem since it’d supposedly contain multiple analysis units and routines independent of each other. Perhaps all CBMs could come with a list of potential side effects.

With these changes, I would assume that the player is discouraged from installing CBMs in the field, unless he is highly skilled, but rather encouraged to bring them with him to an isolated and safe location.

Specific set of proper-CBM-only effect is not necessary.

I’d rather see it like this:
Some CBMs can be “coupled”. Those can’t be separated - removing one of them removes the other. This is already the case with hearing CBMs.
When installing a CBM but failing, a coupled malfunctioning CBM could be created. Just one of the regular malfunctioning ones, like locked thumbs or acid discharge. Could be limited to thematic ones.

we had a lot of sugestions like this but this is something special, this idea are different from rest and i like part of it