Can't run cataclysm DDA on windows XP computer?

When my friend try to run cataclysm DDA it says Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime Terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the appilcations support team

There are a number of things that could have gone wrong, and unfortunately that error message doesn’t give much info :-/.

Try extracting the files into a clean directory? If you’ve got a bad save folder, it can sometimes cause crashes on start-up (yeah, we know we need to work on that). And if you’re missing certain data files, it might cause a crash as well (or might not, I’m not sure).

I run XP. So it is possible.

Which version did he use? If you compile it yourself you should use the codeblocks method.

[quote=“Soron, post:2, topic:1028”]There are a number of things that could have gone wrong, and unfortunately that error message doesn’t give much info :-/.

Try extracting the files into a clean directory? If you’ve got a bad save folder, it can sometimes cause crashes on start-up (yeah, we know we need to work on that). And if you’re missing certain data files, it might cause a crash as well (or might not, I’m not sure).[/quote] Thanks it worked :smiley: