Can't find any USB's with software

I’ve been playing experimental now that it’s a bit more stable. I have found a ton of USB flash drives but not one of them has any software attached.

I’ve been to three regional dumps and found more than 5 USB drives there but none of them have installed HackPRO.

Found a ton of USBs in the lab but none have MediSoft.

Is this intended or is this a bug? Are “filled” USBs just supposed to be super rare now?

I suspect this is a symptom of the new nested container system and that the USBs are normally “filled” with software, but something in the code is preventing them from being filled.

I was going to put up a Github report but wanted to confirm this is not an intended feature first.

I’ve tested this (build version 0.E-10766, new world with 10x Item spawnrate) and it looks like you’re right…: I did not find a single one in all the labs I’ve checked.
This seems to be a bug.

Also, it looks like there’s no report on Github yet, probably because there’s a lot of other stuff taking the main focus of testing.

I put it out on Github, hopefully we can build control laptops again soon :smiley:

Well, you could just find a lot of USB drives until you think that you realistically found one with hackPRO on it by that point and then spawn it in with the debug menu.
The recipe does not check if the software is on a drive, so you can just have it in your inventory.
Don’t drop it though, as it would vanish. However, you can put it into a container like a zipper bag and drop that and it should stay.

Also, it looks like the modlist you’ve posted in your github report got cut off, so just to make sure a little reminder: The control laptop is no longer in the base game and needs the Aftershock mod to be craftable.

The control laptop is no longer in the base game and needs the Aftershock mod to be craftable.

Ahh roger that, gives me a reason to try out that mod.