Best ways to start a fire

Seems like this has been changed at some point in the nightly builds.[/quote]

Huh. I always needed a kindling item like cardboard, splintered wood, skewer, etc.

Note: pouring gasoline on that pile of dead things/wood/bones/garbage before you light it is just as bad an idea in Cataclysm as it is in real life. Just like in the real world, igniting spilled gasoline in Cataclysm can cause a (cataclysmic) explosion of fire that just might melt your face off in the six seconds it takes to back away.

Really enjoying dynamic for the fact it makes a tamable wilderness so to speak. Once you have rid the area of the zombie pool eventually you have an entire town worth of materials to fall back on and a relative safe-zone. But at same time it’s a challenge doing it!

For fires I just place some wood splinters plus things like boxes and wrappers in a pile then set them alight with matches. Just trash stuff I have no need for or break up furniture time to time if needed for fuel.

I usually smash up useless furniture and use the splintered wood as fuel. I throw small, useless things like paper wrappers into the mix as kindling. Put a few pieces of splintered wood onto that fire and it’ll burn for a little while.

A magazine about business, a sheet or two and a match do the job for me.
At least for the evac bunkers.

NAILS AND REBARS EVERYWHERE! (both of which are very weaponizable)

Step 1) Find a lighter.
Step 2) Find a Regional School.
Step 3) Kill a Child Zombie inside the Regional School found in Step 2.
Step 4) Light Child Zombie corpse on fire with lighter (step 1)
Step 5) Leave Regional School and wait.
Step 6) Profit? http://prntscr.com/1a2h2y

Why would you do that? THERES MUTAGEN IN THERE. MUTAGEN. And hotplates, bats and playboys

One of the most reliable fire-starters (in my experience) is the mini-flamethrower bionic. I burned down a triffid grove with it.

Because I always build a safehouse right next to the woods, what I normally do is just cut down a nearby tree and set the logs on fighter with a lighter. Things are everywhere, and I rarely go through even one before I die.

And now we all know that setting your game to static spawn is the best way to start a fire.