Animal Factions or Why don't moose and zombies fight?

it seems like animal factions do exist, spiders and canines don’t like it when you kill their friends, dogs attack each other (ineffectually)

And moose seem to really have it out for you (I recently had one climb into a house through a broken window, over caltrops and between bookcases just to get my character who was reading in a corner).

If moose are so aggressive, why don’t they seem to attack other animals/zombies?
And why don’t zombies chase animals that are nearby? Given Zolves, Zoose, and Zombears (oh my!) the animals are clearly getting infected, presumably by zombie attacks.

Is the faction system just not very fleshed out right now? Later on will I either be able to lure in moose and bears to fight zombies, or if they’re afraid of zombies use zombies to escape from a moose attack?

Short answer: Because moose[sup]tm[/sup]
Long answer: Mostly because the faction and the interaction between monster in general are incomplete, so for now they tend to zooming for you while ignoring eachother. The zom-animals are infected mostly because of the comtaminated water source (which contains the ooze).

For the record, i have seen

Wolves
Bears
Moose

All fighting zombies before not under my control

But it is rare and they seem to go for your juicy flesh over all else if your close enough

Dogs are definitely out there doing their own thing. I have seen them kill each other (and then blame me for it), and I’ve definitely kited Z into dog packs - the dogs bite Z and Z doesn’t particularly mind…

[quote=“xpyder, post:1, topic:6542”]If moose are so aggressive, why don’t they seem to attack other animals/zombies?
And why don’t zombies chase animals that are nearby? Given Zolves, [glow=green,2,300]Zeese[/glow], and Zombears (oh my!) the animals are clearly getting infected, presumably by zombie attacks.[/quote]

FTFY

But yeah, valid point. Seems like something really needed to be fleshed out. Hell, bears are less aggressive than fucking meese.

I am horrified by the idea of a zombie goose, let alone a flock of them.

edit: although I do know what would happen in the even of a flock of zombie seagulls

[quote=“Womble, post:6, topic:6542”]I am horrified by the idea of a zombie goose, let alone a flock of them.

edit: although I do know what would happen in the even of a flock of zombie seagulls[/quote]

Duckhunt?

But Yeah I agree, having animals a bit more fleshed out would be nice. And perhaps there should be some methods to repel animals without killing them. The use of a flashlight, fire or flare or perhaps even a simple pepperspray. This would offer a new character an increased chance of survival in the wild, since he probably can’t survive the conflict vs a bear. So instead the character can try to scare the animal off.
Obviously, this does nothing against zombified animals.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM0d54qZHaI]They’ve been feeding on infected flesh.[/img]

Duckhunt?[/quote]