Advanced Deathmobile Building

Well drat! Wont stop me from adding them when I can though. I just like the mental image it.

Always good to add an extra axle or two anyways, as blowouts do happen and this will greatly prevent becoming immobilized.

Does anyone know if the “enemies being able to see you through your security cameras” bug has been fixed?

Silent Hybrid Humvee. Lean on fuel, no problem to keep the batteries charged while driving. No solar panels installed or needed.

1 Like

So most of the horse power is from the electric motor. Nice.

I can’t wait for the ability to tow vehichles mainly so I don’t have to waste either batteries or artillery on wrecks to quickly get them out of the way.

1 Like

It’s been so long, I can’t even remember where to find those generators. Any tips on where?

Public utility type buildings, I think they just need a parking lot for the generator cart to spawn.

e: but you can use any electric motor as a generator!

I usually see them in garages.

No more broken mirrors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msnKguYnXfw They can be placed in the doors and outer edges of the windows too.

Perpetual motion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqfPMnZ0w0 Soon be fixed.

2 Likes

I…what…how?

Also sucks that we can’t share exploits like that because they’re almost guaranteed to be fixed as soon as they’re found out about…

Yeah, I’m much more careful about that, ever since I pointed out a way to ruthlessly exploit fault lines to farm artifacts, and they fixed it the next day (or maybe two days later) so that faults can only be triggered once each. Yeah, my bad, everyone.

Upgraded Solar Arrays provide oodles of power, but can only be placed on tiles with nothing else on them. Additionally, none of the packs seem to have sprites for them. So, a double edged sword.

You can also install a Motorbike, Car, and Truck alternator on a single motor. One trick I do to charge batteries early game is a single Frame with a V-twin or 1-cylinder motor, all three alternators, controls, and a small fuel tank. No wheels. Start it up, get out of the way of the smoke (or use an extra frame and a muffler) and wait 30 minutes. Car battery charged with smaller gasoline consumption than using a single alternator.

Hopefully this isn’t considered an exploit, because each alternator saps power to provide the charging force, it’s just a cool way to use available components in a specific way. It would probably suck to drive a scooter or motorbike with all three alternators.

If i’m not mistaken, there are four such devices: Motorbike, Car and Truck Alternators and a 7.5 kW Generator. The latter is quite rare, though, I personally haven’t seen any of them.

Are multiple alternators not an exploit? I’m not very familiar with the inner-workings of a car, but I believe the alternator is connected to the engine via a belt. I would think a manufactured engine would only have space for that one belt.

Moreover, a single-piston engine would simply not have enough power to make all of them work. The more powerful a generator is, the more power it needs to operate, obviously.

Otherwise it’s just a Perpetuum Mobile. Which is a myth. So yes, this is an exploit, but kinda legal, since the game itself allows it.

I imagine someone can fenangle a generator out of an engine and several alternators.