A Cataclysm DDA Christmas Story

A productive morning on the IRC resulted in the twelve days of christmas, with a Cataclysm theme. Thought I’d share it with you guys:

On the first day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: A zombie head in a pine tree.

On the second day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the third day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Seven zombears charging, six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the eight day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Eight engines VROOOMing, seven zombears charging, six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Nine mutagens mutating, eight engines VROOOMing, seven zombears charging, six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Ten nukes a tickin’, nine mutagens mutating, eight engines VROOOMing, seven zombears charging, six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Cata gave to me: Eleven fungi fruiting, ten nukes a tickin’, nine mutagens mutating, eight engines VROOOMing, seven zombears charging, six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

On the twelvth day of christmas, Cata gave to me: twelve nailboard traps, eleven fungi fruiting, ten nukes a tickin’, nine mutagens mutating, eight engines VROOOMing, seven zombears charging, six sleepy devs, fiiiiive angry turrets. Four shrieking zeds, three zombie hulks, two hungry ravens, and a zombie head in a pine tree.

I love it. I had planned to draw Ekarus sitting by a fire, stack of books, red and green snuggie, a grill setup, somebody making jokes about chestnuts roasting on the fire…

But then I decided to play cataclysm instead.

Very fun, but a couple minor quips:

Should take out ‘head’ on the first day, because it adds an extra beat that isn’t in the tune. Zom-bie and Par-tridge match up fine, but Zom-bie-head and par-tridge don’t.

Similar on day nine as well. Maybe change from mu-ta-gens to mu-tants.

Still, it’s very entertaining overall. I need to go find me an old Christmas fungal spire and light it on fire to celebrate or something.

Hahaha, yess, that was what i needed. Awesome!

I thought it should be “Fiiiiive angry moose” to further help keep the beat.

Moose and Rings match up perfectly. Tur-rets and rings, not so much.

We appreciate your cultured sharing, and wits too!

May I suggest – an edit – for an ending, perhaps? :slight_smile:

Cheers, happy holidays mate!