0.9-3223-g0e04535 Disassembling items drops all parts to the ground

I’m not sure if it’s really a bug or not, but it seems funny to me that every time I disassemble something (discovered this while breaking down string to get thread), all the gained parts fall to the ground.

Not a bug.

It’s to prevent having tons of stuff in your inventory from dissembling… Lets say a TV. That’s about +89 volume in your pack.

I’m fairly sure this is an intended feature, either that or nobody has noticed it has been happening since disassemble was implemented. (I can’t really remember where stuff went in the old version where you had to “uncraft” things in the crafting menu.)

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:4774”]Not a bug.

It’s to prevent having tons of stuff in your inventory from dissembling… Lets say a TV. That’s about +89 volume in your pack.[/quote]

I see what you’re saying. I haven’t disassembled anything too complex yet. It didn’t work that way in 0.9 stable did it? I seem to remember the newly gained stuff popping into your inventory before…

[quote=“Sirent Odour, post:4, topic:4774”][quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:4774”]Not a bug.

It’s to prevent having tons of stuff in your inventory from dissembling… Lets say a TV. That’s about +89 volume in your pack.[/quote]

I see what you’re saying. I haven’t disassembled anything too complex yet. It didn’t work that way in 0.9 stable did it? I seem to remember the newly gained stuff popping into your inventory before…[/quote]

Parts weren’t auto-dropped in 0.9 Ma, but it did cause all sorts of exceeding volume/weight.
So I prefer the auto-drop. Even if it’s slightly annoying sometimes, it’s better than the opposite.