HOWTO hordes

This is the quote that started all this:

I’m not exaggerating when I say half the town came after me, the entire thing was blocked by flashing Z’s and so were a good number of plains tiles in front of it. It faded quite quickly as I moved to the West, but there were still some flashing Z’s and I saw at least one Zombie when I turned North at the starting map edge to avoid a kreck and gracken.

So, here are some questions from me:

Do hordes ever disperse by themselves and when say a ten tile Horde turns into a 1 tile Horde, does it still have the same spawn pool as the large horde or not?

I think wiping out a horde shouldn’t be made easier. They are meant to be difficult and dangerous to even skilled players and they’re just that. Besides, would you try and take on a zombie horde by yourself IRL?

I do think they’re too sensitive though. In my example, I hadn’t even banged two rocks together so there’s no way they should of heard me and a player can’t pick out an individual monster from even a fifth of that distance. Just WAY too sensitive, maybe a bit fast as well.

My only other possible complaint would be what happened to my 2nd character. I was heading to my first house, isolated from the bulk of town, looking for some disinfectant and bandages. The horde came from outside town. After failing to find anything, having to dodge a tough zombie in the house and with the first members of the Horde visible through the windows I had to run. Problem was, the direction of the horde forced me to run along the town only to get ganked by 3 or 4 static spawned tough zombies.