What is the best character preset for absolute beginner?

I have made several test runs on random characters. After I’ve managed to survive first day I want to create a character for a real run. Any suggestions what the character preset should be?

Depends on what exactly you want to do.

Surviving in a bear cave in the forest building everything from scratch is not exactly the same as going from city to city slicing and dicing everything that moves.

If you’re willing to play w mods, I recommend the Bio weapon’s mod Bio Weapon Alpha profession.

You start right off with Water Extraction Unit CBM, Eater of the Dead mutation and high melee skill so you won’t have to worry about food or water right of the beginning.

You’ll have more time to worry about the complex stuff like temperature and crafting, so next time you attempt a more serious run, at least you’ll know what you’re doing and which kind of stuff you’ll have to prioritize and avoid.

If you’re willing to play w mods, I recommend the Bio weapon’s mod Bio Weapon Alpha profession.
You start right off with Water Extraction Unit CBM, Eater of the Dead mutation and high melee skill so you won’t have to worry about food or water right of the beginning.
You’ll have more time to worry about the complex stuff like temperature and crafting, so next time you attempt a more serious run, at least you’ll know what you’re doing and which kind of stuff you’ll have to prioritize and avoid.

Sounds great. I’ll surely try it. Thanks!

1 Like

Handy Man:

+2 mechanics
lvl4 fabrication
lvl4 Tailoring

Figure out whatever else you want to start with and you can often smash a window and rip fabric for a shoulder strap and break a metal locker for a lock pick.

I typically do a chainsmoker with parkour and melee training (silat or eskrima depending on how i feel) makes early game combat a bit easier.

Bionic Survivalist is real OP.

I’ve had a lot of success using the Skater Boy/Girl profession, along with Parkour. The roller blades let you move faster than almost any monster, even without running, as long as you’re on a suitable terrain - roads, sidewalks, almost any indoor flooring. And with Parkour you can vault over furniture without slowing down, allowing you to gain some distance away from pursuing zombies. Together, these two elements make the dance of the knife spear extremely easy to maintain indefinitely, and pretty much guarantee that you can get away if you find yourself outmatched. (Without them, you usually have to run to escape, and if you run out of stamina before you get far enough away, they’ll catch up to you and eat you.)

Granted, this is not so helpful with the “Wilderness” or “Out of Town” scenarios, as those usually put you in the middle of the swamp or woods, where the roller blades will only slow you down.