Vehicle Stereos

There is something like this in the works.

Not a portable DVD player exactly, but something similar.

Cool are survivors are slowly getting the comforts of home.

[quote=“Justice, post:1, topic:1717”]Ideally, it would function identical to the mp3 player already in the game. However, it wouldn’t require batteries. Of course, it would be controlled via the vehicle controls menu:

1. Enable cruise control
  2. Turn on headlights
  3. Turn on the radio
  4. Exit vehicle
  5. Do nothing

Anyhow, I’ll be adding this feature to my fork and submitting a pull request to the main branch in the next couple of days. I just wanted to get some feedback on the idea, first.[/quote]

or maybe you should just be able to install your MP3 into the car and then turn that on.

kind of blows my mind the number of things that should easily run off the car engine.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning, and Zombie Grunt FM.

or maybe you should just be able to install your MP3 into the car and then turn that on.

This. If we can weld a flashlight to the front bumper and call it a headlight, it makes sense to do this.

Oh god, why did you say this? This has to be the worst best idea I have ever heard in my entire life.

[quote=“grisamentum, post:23, topic:1717”]or maybe you should just be able to install your MP3 into the car and then turn that on.

kind of blows my mind the number of things that should easily run off the car engine.[/quote]

Well, duh. How else did you think this would work? :wink: However, for the tuner you’ll also need a Radio.

[quote=“Rivet, post:25, topic:1717”]

This. If we can weld a flashlight to the front bumper and call it a headlight, it makes sense to do this.[/quote]

Exactly, no reason to make it complicated.

I can imagine my character doing 110mph blasting “what a wonderful world” run over the hellish abominations of this game.

Vehicle stereo should be an installable part you can stick in any vehicle. Maybe even have multiple stereos installed in a cheaply made expendable pedal vehicle to draw the zombies while you loot!