Throwing martial arts

If that’s serious, it’s tragically flawed.

How so? Do you not have any rocks near where you live? You can get them on eBay. Hell, I’ll send you one if you really need it.

We’re in a rock drought in my country.

Shame.

Point is, unless your arms are broken you can throw things. If you can throw things you can practice throwing. If you can practice something you can get good at it.

Then we can pull the entire martial arts system by that logic.

Hey anyone can punch a thing. Punching a thing so they fall down, or blocking a thing trying to punch you so it falls down, that’s some pretty hard shit. Takes a lot of practice.

Practice that is reflected in melee skill gain.

people have taught me to shoot a basketball, no one has ever taught me to throw a rock or a ball. I have seen others throw things and that was plenty to teach me. From there, better throwing can be learned with simple practice. Can tips and pointers accelerate that learning? Yes. But it is not MANDITORY.

no. Martial arts can be learned intuitively, that is simulated by brawling martial art. Its not refined, but its there.

gifve me a sec, Im going to watch a tuitorial on how to make a sling then Im going to test the difficulty of each.

Yes? Point is, martial arts is complicated. You could also say “We don’t need an electronics skill, just pick up a capacitor and make a laser rifle!”

Throwing isn’t complicated. You throw something and it hits the thing you were aiming at or it doesn’t.

So you’re an MLB all-star in waiting, and that inherently makes you great at sticking a throwing knife.

Do it enough times and it will come naturally.

He never said he could throw them well, just that he could. And if you can do something you can practice it. I’m sure most people, given enough time, could work out how to throw a knife so it embeds rather than clubbing things.

Yeah! Just like throwing!

Even a toddler can throw a punch.

Sure can! Toddlers can throw sticks and rocks too.

Never met one that could put me in a chokehold though.

Wrestle with them a bit and they’ll figure it out.

Yeah, probably. Or just toss them out the window.

K got a sling. Ima tape myself learning to throw with a sling. Then compare it with my… maybe 2 or 3 skill in throwing from general living of life.

When you’re finished, show that skill in slinging applies to shuriken.

what? Why is that relavent? also I have no shuriken. Bit of a shuriken drought here. They are technically illegal.

Breakfast first, Im a bit lightheaded from throwing stuff in the Texas heat.

There’s apparently no martial training that can modify throwing, and “throwing” is all one thing.