The Courthouse/Town Hall

Ive made ‘wrought iron fence and gates and mangled fence’

concerned about what its use is. rustic houses, older state buildings, cemeteries, and parks.

it drops solid metal rods when damaged. after some internal debate and some initial balance testing its a 4 kilogram, 26 damage, 159 moves per attack, brutal strike -2 to hit weapon.

its a somewhat effective weapon, but its also a heavy one.

Ill have to conpare it to a pipe and rebar when i sit down.

My suggestion is a possibility of one or more crypts spawning. Given that they should be made from thick stone and have metal doors, they’d make a good base of operations. Graveyards should also have a chance of spawning tunnels underneath them. You could re-use the code for the ant’s nests. The tunnels should be full of ghoul-faction NPCs: mutants with lots of troglobite mutations who are probably hostile to non-mutated humans, but possibly neutral or friendly to heavily-mutated players.

Id be willing to add it, but as like a mod or for a mod.

Thats not typically something we find in NE. Though some older sites might had some accessible undergrounf locations.

Id actually probably want to add the manpigs from darkest dungeon. But ghouls would certainly work, because we can do some level or paralysis.

umm, as far as progress. Im a little sad that sharp and chainfence dont mix. i.e. you cant cut yourself moving along the wrought iron fence. Shame, Id love to hear the stories about impaling yourself.

Ive begun basic layout, starting with placeholder terrains. I typically ‘sketch’ a layout, and then modify it to suit my whims. Takes a little longer, but for something this large I may need to. I also want to keep it modular, which complicates things slightly.

Got a 6x5 cemetery to gen in game. So far it has nothing more than the back row of graves, a maintainance shack, a road framework, and an entrance. No frills, nothing. A wall, I guess.

Actually, I would like feedback about the public plague display house.

Umm, you cremate a loved one, and cant quite afford to buy a whole plot (or dont want to, only need a small space, etc. Its pricey when all you have is an urn or even less of a body) so you get a plague made in memorium. This can be safely displayed inside this housing complex, where you can be afforded varying degrees of privacy to talk/visit with them.

Those ‘n’ are slabs of stone. the ‘1’ is a pillar. There are glass walls to view from the outside. This keeps the place safer by reducing vagrancy or vandelism.

It needs items, but its done.

Do we have a vehicle junk yard? A repo car port? How about a dump yard(for trash)? Since you seem to be the right one to suggest locales to =)

First on my own todo list is a courthouse/town center/town hall.

many small cities in NE have greens as their center, with a church or even, in the case of my own, a bascillica and a church. And two more down the street. And a third one up the street. And a fourth one, a gospil church, up from there. And a worship center between those, and an interfaith charity to the right of that. And a religious thrift store up the street again. And the third most influential church down the street a mile. And the first most up the street 1.5 miles.

That aside :o
We also have a fairly distinct town hall building too. Fountains outside it, marble and granite inside, anda firehouse built right into it with a weekend warrior post nati guard center directly adjacent to it. A concrete stage outside the library park is for the local theatre troupe to prance about on, and the library is on the other end of that. all the various ethnic flags because diversity, and a very healthy attempt to dislodge the homeless downtown

Courthouse and Town Hall sounds great. I never liked going to a religious locale to participate in politics.

Even a deeply religious group should know the danger of mixing the two concepts. Hence why in america the government is supposed to be secular. Secular= keep sh!t separate and make everyone not have to much power. PS- not judging your town. I just REALLY like your building ideas =)

It isnt supposed to be a courthouse. But I enjoy that its being interpreted. I want them to be interpretable as whatever people want them to be.

I can make a courthouse and town hall. I guess I need to gather ideas or practical information on them.

Like courthouses. I can make several kinds, but Id like to finish one first.
-How many courtrooms?
-How many jailcells? (1)
-2 garages? how many offices?
-Multifloor?
-Storage rooms for files?
-Meeting rooms for attorneys?
-cafe? our local one has one.
-offices?

I need layouts for it. and townhall