Stop adding content and do story damnit

What i saw at lab computers unfortunately doesn’t satisfy me(and i have terrible luck with lab computers shocking me, shutting down or not working in the first place so i only get useless scraps that i already figured out by myself). Although i agree that it would be pretty unrealistic for someone to make a detailed description of “the thing” or other monsters like that, there still isn’t enough information.
The game could use some more newspapers, flyers, survivor diaries, random scribbles made by people on walls and items, etc.
Also i never said that the player should have the means to know EVERYTHING - just that right now it isn’t enough for me.
I think that the best way to satisfy everyone would be putting some newspaper articles or survivor journals that can be read by the player.
After that, fixing the NPC’s and making some kind of ‘plot’ through faction quests, NPC settlements and other “Humanity rebuilds civilization from a scratch” type of things.

It would be nice if lore could be a consideration with every addition. As it would likely be more thorough to respect lore as it happens than to try to stick it in with pure lore updates. If, for example, you decide to put in a book for caseless ammunition recipes, it stands to reason that there would be some mention of manufacturers and the history of such items. putting in a small paragraph about such things on the item’s description, or producing random factoids while reading, or even on the recipe descriptions, might aid in immersion. Conversely, putting in a pamphlet about that company with no recipes, skill gain, or morale benefit could leave a player jaded about the value of looting and not bothering to investigate minor items. It seems to me that working on one without considering the other would produce either a lesser product or a big mess of details to produce all at once and likely not put as much effort into each one…

Fixed it for ya buddy.

Go home inadequate clone, you’re not trolling currently.

I love little documents and stuff strewn about. Hell I wanted the ability to write my own books in-game. For stockkeeping and such other endeavors like writing stories.

Not walls of text, just comments.

You read “Energy Weapons for the Stupidly Insane”…
Plasma weapons were first adopted by the army in 2023…
Electric discharge weapons were phased out in favour of radiation generators…
Recent developments have seen an influx of sonic weapons used in maritime warfare…
You hear “Wake me up before you go go”. Stop reading?

[quote=“RAM, post:25, topic:6098”]Not walls of text, just comments.

Recent developments have seen an influx of sonic weapons used in maritime warfare…
You hear “Wake me up before you go go”. Stop reading?[/quote]

I rather like this idea.

Sonic weapons…

Aka the dubstep gun loaded with JB albums. WMD right there.

[quote=“Rivet, post:26, topic:6098”][quote=“RAM, post:25, topic:6098”]Not walls of text, just comments.

You hear “Wake me up before you go go”. Stop reading?[/quote]

I rather like this idea.[/quote]

That particular lore has some problems, but yeah, this seems a decent vector for backstory. Support.

This approach to delivering backstory on companies/technologies? I can get behind the snippets of facts style.

gtaguy’s trolling.

That said, in terms of priority (and ignoring implementation difficulty), I’d argue :

Game-refactors > bug fixes > content > story

[quote=“gtaguy, post:27, topic:6098”]Sonic weapons…

Aka the dubstep gun loaded with JB albums. WMD right there.[/quote]
They already have those, and they fit on trucks and helis.
They also dont know what they can do at max power yet.
Mostly because noone has bothered to turn off the safety range yet, because hell, they dont need to yet.

Hate to troll but…

You start reading Playboy. X3

[quote=“StopSignal, post:32, topic:6098”]Hate to troll but…

You start reading Playboy. X3[/quote]

You find an interesting article conveniently located next to a photo.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:32, topic:6098”]Hate to troll but…
You start reading Playboy. X3[/quote]
You discover an interesting ad for alcohol.