My idea of how NPCs/factions can improve

I saw a few thing about NPCs, and I want to give my own idea.

NPC types change and advance as time goes one (as well as the ones the player can choose from), taken from a similar post but, well it would be ideal.
NPCs can be either nomadic, or bunker down, and some may slowly grow there area as time goes on. A man with territory will slowly improve his home, first by marking the area he claims, then building walls there, and on that topic I also want constructs be partially made, not stopping entirely the work. You place the foundation, then building up, using the resources as it’s made, crafting can be done like this as well, allowing you to put most of it together, carry the incomplete construct, and finish it later when you can. Constructs can go the same way. You can gain a territorial man’s trust by bringing material, more so if it’s for free for them. They would maintain food, water, and optionally ammo and material within, with places to keep it.

Now to other traits of NPCs. Main types that would not bunker down as often would be brute, scavenger, arsonist, psychopath,trapper, and bomber.
Brute:enjoys killing the undead, can be in groups, and tend to want to focus on fighting, some like loud, some don’t care. They tend to die fighting, ending with a bullet.
Scavenger: like it quick and silent. they take things they need, and avoid conflict and tend to go as quietly.
Arsonist: They love fire, and will burn. Not all are bad people, and some can actually be useful. Some are just in love with fire, others know all about it. Some are former firemen themselves, and can actually know how to control a fire. Some are less reasonable than others, and their obsession can lead to others feeling a little afraid of these people. Good with most things fire, and can even enjoy keeping the place lighten up, if you keep an eye on them. Often go is a more literal blaze of glory when dying.
Psychopaths: They have no remorse, and most tend to try to end you. But, some can find it too much a hassle, and would aid you if you provide them means to live, and freedom to be them. For some, zombies can be enough, for others, they want them alive. Others really avoid them, and moral tends to be low around them, but they are good at what they do. They can be a class of their own, or be a type of arsonist or brute. They tend to not die by zoms.
Trapper: They are smart, and they plan. They make traps, for food, or to clean out a city. A person in a hole, for the more psychotic, may just be better bait, but for the saner, an unfortunate person/possible ally. They can distract, or trap. They have give some moral to others, knowing someone can provide a decent means of defense. They tend to not die.
Bomber: They see a bunch of zoms crowded together, they desire to know what it would look like if they where everywhere else. They are not all willing to go, and can be pretty smart clearing out a town, though there may not be much town left. If they must go, they’ed prefer a gas tanker with a mini-nuke strapped to the front. Go out with a bang.

People who tend to bunker down would be a hoarder, a leader, and nonfighters.
Hoarder: like a scavenger but they grab everything. Some are nomadic, and love bigger bags, but most others have a stash, which they protect with their lives. Some may trade, others may kill you at the thought of looking at their stash. When away, they avoid fighting. Die mostly from being overburdened, and others wanting part of it.
Leader: A ironworker foreman, a police chief, a military general, a mayor, a gang leader,a cult leader or even just the most assertive of a group. They seek to live happy, and many want happiness for their followers. They will coordinate, delegate, and do their best to keep them alive. They are the most worried about defenses and resources. They have people build, scavenge, farm, and do many tasks needed to survive. Where they lead them, depends. Head of faction. Many different ways to die.

Other to note:
Musician. Can play music, happiest when they do. Depending on mood and type of music, different effects. Depressing music may seem bad, and for many it is, but for some it can make them realize, it could be worse, or it’s what should be. Some may play their final song, either when they’re dying, or when they don’t want to live. Good enough distraction.

(Later game) Giant Wasp wrangler: Started with need, turned into competition, and finally for some a game. these people know exactly how to climb upon a fast moving giant wasp, rip off the wings, snap the neck, and take the stinger. Give it long enough, and it’ll be a sport. Gladiators are evidence killing turned to sport.
Please comment, add, and think of your own kinds of apocalyptic people, and maybe even the crazy sports that may exist in this world if humans live long enough.

It’d be nice if followers could at least recognize that you used an elevator or stairs and follow you through. Both dog and NPC.

If zlevels were enabled, it’d be nice if npcs and mobs used them on their own too.

Also maybe give following dogs NPC car riding ai.

[quote=“Midaychi, post:2, topic:10716”]It’d be nice if followers could at least recognize that you used an elevator or stairs and follow you through. Both dog and NPC.

If zlevels were enabled, it’d be nice if npcs and mobs used them on their own too.

Also maybe give following dogs NPC car riding ai.[/quote]
They can follow, if their trying to kill you. But other than that, yea, they should be about to that.

In z-level mode, NPCs will try to follow you across z-levels.

it sounds good but i do not think i fully understand what you mean

and…

hoarder: like a scavenger but they grab everything ... most others have a stash, which they protect with their lives. Some may trade, others may kill you at the thought of looking at their stash. When away, they avoid fighting. Die mostly from being overburdened...
this sounds like my every gameplay

for the first one,To who? I want to elaborate and explain and if to me I want to help explain my idea, debate it, and to allow it to grow.

this sounds like my every gameplay
For the second, kind of the point. They act like you would, and many others. Some may described as hoarder, but not medically, so it isn't as serious and defining as ones who have been diagnosed as a hoarder and take zanax to control it. Some refuse and hate it, other accept it, and the last will beg for it.

This branches further into the idea of trait scales, from minor affecting, to game-play defining. Minor ashma, where you need it only if you overwork yourself, can go to a higher form, like needing one daily. For some people, they grow out of it, for others, they grow in, and others still, never experience it.