List of weapon mod IDs?

Hi everyone!

I’m in the process of creating a ‘mod’ of sorts which doesn’t edit the game code but does add weapons, armour, tools, professions and character presets. However I’ve come across an issue: I don’t know if its just me but on my 0.5 version of DDA, my ‘mod’ data file only has the ID and whatnot for the .45 retool and nothing else! I’ve figured out a few basics, like spare magazine = spare_mag, and suppressor = …suppressor, haha, but I’m kind of stuck with most of the rest. As you can probably tell I’m new so sorry if this is annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

Open up a relevant json inside of the data folder (melee items are actually marked as tools, not melee) and it should tell you what you need. If you are adding in food or a new weapon with an entirely new type of ammo, you are also going to have to edit the iuse, itypedef, itemfactory, and possibly other files (both .h and .cpp).

Simple weapon additions, however, do not require these. If you want to add to them some effects, look in the itemfactory files and it should tell you all of the already existing ones, such as napalm for ammo or block1 for melee.

Thanks for the reply,

My issue isn’t with adding new items, apart from mods, the mods.json file only has the relevant information for the .45 retool, so I’m unsure as to what the other ids are. Also because it only has the relevant information for the retool, I’m unsure what to put for the ammo_modifier and ammo_type fields, as I get bug reports for anything else I’ve tried (ie I don want the ammo type changed if I’m adding a PEQ2 or ELCAN scope, so I don’t know what to put for these fields)

[quote=“kingification, post:3, topic:1357”]Thanks for the reply,

My issue isn’t with adding new items, apart from mods, the mods.json file only has the relevant information for the .45 retool, so I’m unsure as to what the other ids are. Also because it only has the relevant information for the retool, I’m unsure what to put for the ammo_modifier and ammo_type fields, as I get bug reports for anything else I’ve tried (ie I don want the ammo type changed if I’m adding a PEQ2 or ELCAN scope, so I don’t know what to put for these fields)[/quote]

You are using an outdated source code that does not have a fully functioning mod json. Download the latest one and the things for those fields should be in itemfactory and itype. Searching for occurrences of parts of already existing weapons mods in those areas should show you where your stuff needs to go.

Ok then I’ll try that, thank you!