Lengthening of the Early game the return of the Mid game

Or you could walk around them.
If you want their stuff you're going to have to fight them.
Zombie soldiers can be killed by stat 8/8/8/8 shower victims with a rock and a bush.
A lone one maybe (and even then I doubt it with no skills), but 4/5 zombie soldiers are impervious to most ranged weapons and are too many to use one bush on.

As I said on the other post, there’s literally no point trying to balance it at the moment. Github seems to be filled with people completely against common sense and balance.
After reading over loads of the previous pulls/commits, I’ve completely lost any faith in balance. I’m not touching it until we get a dev design document with more rigidity, because at the moment it’s a complete waste of time, and I’d suggest you don’t waste your time either John.

(So people don’t think this is reactionary, my commit does seem quite liked, this is purely off all the other commits/pulls I’ve read - including John’s extremely sensible no- japanese weapons on gangsters pull)

So there’s “literally no point trying to balance” the game, yet in your post you explicitly reference commits that make the game more balanced? Anyway keep this in the other thread

It’s not that these commits won’t work/aren’t balanced, it’s just that the literal flood of unbalanced shit will overwhelm anything that’s pushes towards balance. All I’m saying is that we NEED that design document/a coherent vision before there’s any point attempting to balance anything.

You can get a pretty good sense of the design philosophy of the devs by what they publish. It’s fine if you want to refrain from working on balance because you want a clearer picture of what the devs want, but this doesn’t entail that other people shouldn’t, especially those who are perhaps more intuitively in step with their vision of the game (which very obviojsly includes e.g. scifi elements)

Also stop using the word “literal” please

[quote=“Binky, post:22, topic:4912”]As I said on the other post, there’s literally no point trying to balance it at the moment. Github seems to be filled with people completely against common sense and balance.
After reading over loads of the previous pulls/commits, I’ve completely lost any faith in balance. I’m not touching it until we get a dev design document with more rigidity, because at the moment it’s a complete waste of time, and I’d suggest you don’t waste your time either John.

(So people don’t think this is reactionary, my commit does seem quite liked, this is purely off all the other commits/pulls I’ve read - including John’s extremely sensible no- japanese weapons on gangsters pull)[/quote]

Nah I will to continue oush for balance and logic until:

-They start the ignoring the majority of my push requests (dont think its going to happen)
-I manage to get some semblance of balance and difficulty added into the game and the community likes the change, and then starts regulating what goes in more carefully, meaning that I will not longer seem like extremist against having things added into the game.
-Every single person in this community confirms to me that they really just want this game to be the sims with a negligible chance of getting eaten by zombies. (neither do I think this is going to happen

Until then I will continue making the requests, if they make it in, good for me; if they don’t well I can always play and share my local version

Looking over the past commits, pushes and comments/responses, I literally think items one and three are definitely going to happen.

[size=18pt]If any of the devs chance by this, for the love of god, PLEASE put out a design document. If we don’t agree with it fine, but without it, this game is just a horrible mess.[/size]

Any ways, lets end this discussion and return this to the original goal, I just threw a push request making fat zombies rarer. You guys have another small request that possibly wont be controversial?

Maybe make the fat zombies even slower?

If my request to make them more uncommon goes in, I could make them slower and give them more health. But ill have to see if that really changes something about how the game plays

Nice, I don’t like, that they are almost as fast as regular zombies. I like how git and github works, but pretty much I’m still learning.

Remove machetes from labs

request for critters/zeds to do some dmg to shopping carts when climbing over them; reduce movement cost for shrubs,and reduce their number on field-like zones

I am somewhat of the opinion that the early game and late game should be swapping placed to a degree (difficulty-wise anyhow.)

Early game, resources are plentiful as the Cataclysm has not fully manifested, the only symptom being the freshly undead populace… however as the game progresses the environment should become more and more erratic. Seasons being mere suggestions/guidelines as local dimensional weaknesses and xenoforming take over.

Terrible alien storms ravage much of the structures into ruins, unprotected vehicles and items are reduced to scrap and tatters by exposure within weeks or even days. Strange fauna and flora begin to nest in and overgrow what is left standing.

The early glut of easy pickings you collected remain, but the game becomes an exercise in managing those supplies as the world is overrun and those supplies are threatened by anything from scavengers trying to eat your food supply to the brutality of the elements. Travel to forage for more ‘good’ supplies should become so difficult that there becomes a real REASON to craft and upkeep what remains of your own.

TLDR: Degrade and reduce resources over time: increase environmental and monster hazards simultaneously.

A scene from my imagined ending of a truly ‘Late Game’ character:
Pulling your wretched, mutation ravaged body out of the sewers, burnt-out bionics sparking from the effort as you weld the manhole shut against the chattering clanks and wailing below. A few expended shell casings roll from the tattered rags you wear as you collapse to the ground in exhaustion.

You feel the earth shudder… a distant, rhythmic booming and the alien wooping of ‘somethings’ in the distant. You peer past the vegetation covered mounds of rubble and brace yourself with a trusty rebar spear. Suddenly in a flush of color and madness a wave of mutant creatures dash toward you. One managing to impale itself on your spear, it’s violet ichor stinging your hands as you slide it it off. It had human eyes.

The other ‘things’ don’t even give you a second glance and dash past, howling and yelping as he booming grows nearer. Something, a terribly tall, black chitinous tree swings out of the mist and then another and another; no… not trees… legs.

I just wanted to mention DO NOT say oh your simulating scavengers when theres no way to get said loot from a scavenger.

If anything can’t we compile a list of changes and just make an actual MOD?

And please, the desperation of nothing getting put in should really stop. I’ll point back to that lovely little word—> ‘Modification’

As for content suggestion:

Fat zombies should get an enormous health pool and relatively slow movement. All of that extra weight would be a cushion from serious damage.

to me early game is: world and character creation, mid game playing them game

TLDR: Degrade and reduce resources over time: increase environmental and monster hazards simultaneously.

I believe this has been in the pipeline for some time, especially the last part. However, no one has implemented it so far.

This, simulatng scavengers should also be a no unless you can actually see the scavenger and shoot him/her/it for loot, at least from my point of view.

Yeah I dont know why they are in the dissection spawn list, If someone else agrees ill throw the pr.

Are all planned up to some extent to the other, lessening of resources is probably going to happen once we have NPCs, areas of the world growing more alien are also planned, not to that extent as long as I am concerned but they are planned.

Yeah I dont know why they are in the dissection spawn list, If someone else agrees ill throw the pr.[/quote]
I second the motion.