I just, died?... How

[quote=“Blaze1711, post:20, topic:3274”][quote=“HS1342, post:16, topic:3274”] 1:42 PM That zombie pheromone won’t hold clean water.
1:41 PM That zombie pheromone won’t hold clean water.[/quote]
It told you it woudn’t hold water.

It told you it wouldn’t hold water.

Note the “he was KILLED in a field”.

My legist skillz tell me that the zombie pheromones and the Xanax got mad at him and decided to repeteadly bash his head with his own steel jerrycan, which he dropped minutes before being brutally murdered

That’s it, case solved Sherlock.

Veredict: zombie pheromones and Xanax - GUILTY![/quote]
Brilliant, Watson, just brilliant!.. I couldn’t help but wonder though; who exactly will carry out the punishment dictated in the verdict on the guilty party?

We could always leave them to those rather bad-smelling lost lads in the street but they don’t particularly seem enthusiastic.

So it was the xanax and the zombie pheromones all along…

Yet I can’t shake off the feeling that we’ve missed some detail…

[quote=“ComputerWarrior, post:21, topic:3274”]Brilliant, Watson, just brilliant!.. I couldn’t help but wonder though; who exactly will carry out the punishment dictated in the verdict on the guilty party?

We could always leave them to those rather bad-smelling lost lads in the street but they don’t particularly seem enthusiastic.[/quote]
I say we rub the zombie pheromones all over our bodies, consume ALL the Xanax and then go take a rest and smoke some weed, we’ve earned it Sherlock.

But Sherlock, what about that strange “h”?
It could surely be the head of this crime! I do not believe that the pheromones or the Xanax had the brains or guts to figure this all out by themselves!

[Ok, but seriously.
What happened?
If no one knows, I’ll just carve “Murdered by forces unknown” on his tombstone. No more reason to dwell upon his death.]

[quote=“HS1342, post:22, topic:3274”]So it was the xanax and the zombie pheromones all along…

Yet I can’t shake off the feeling that we’ve missed some detail…[/quote]

I’m afraid the sex with the moose was just too much excitement for you… and welll… Poor Ollie just couldn’t handle it Jim.

He didn’t make it…

[quote=“HS1342, post:24, topic:3274”]But Sherlock, what about that strange “h”?
It could surely be the head of this crime! I do not believe that the pheromones or the Xanax had the brains or guts to figure this all out by themselves![/quote]
How could i miss that? You’re right sir, that “h” was certainly involved in the crime!

[quote=“HS1342, post:16, topic:3274”] 1:52 PM You don’t have item ‘h’!
1:52 PM You don’t have item ‘h’! x2[/quote]
Judging from the fact that the mysterious “h” appeared in the same minute as the one the murder occurred i suppose it was also involved in the cowardly attack that took place inside of the RV.

The murderer was actually “h”, he was inside of the RV waiting for the opportunity to attack. His obvious motivation is jealousy, he was jealous of the other letters of the alphabet because he was the only one left out of Olle Nilsson’s friends list!
He was assisted in the crime by the zombie pheromones and the Xanax, who were also mad at him due to his futile attempts of pouring water INSIDE of them!

Final veredict:
zombie pheromones and Xanax - guilty - accomplices to “h”;
“h” - guilty - first degree murder.

Case solved.

Judging by the log, I suspect you didn’t pay attention and broke your spine carrying so much. I’ve gotten down to a : on torso health simply because I tried to carry a steel frame more than 1-2 tiles.

Or, you pressed SHIFT+Q instead of SHIFT+S to save, which made you Commit Suicide.

When you press Q to suicide, the world saves. That explains the saving. Then you die.
Case solved.

[quote=“kilozombie, post:28, topic:3274”]Judging by the log, I suspect you didn’t pay attention and broke your spine carrying so much. I’ve gotten down to a : on torso health simply because I tried to carry a steel frame more than 1-2 tiles.

Or, you pressed SHIFT+Q instead of SHIFT+S to save, which made you Commit Suicide.[/quote]
You can’t die from being overburdened in 0.8, eventually you just fall to the ground and can’t move anymore.

Looks like a case of accidental suicide to me, I dunno what else it could be.

I’d say that all things considered, SHIFT+Q is the most likely cause of death. I think suicide doesn’t produce any messages in your log.

Ok, “accidental suicide” it is…

Yes it does.

Game History
| Year 1, Spring 1, 8:00 AM | evac shelter | Mason Martinez began their journey into the Cataclysm.
| Year 1, Spring 1, 8:00 AM | evac shelter | Mason Martinez committed suicide.

The mystery continues…

Yes it does.

Game History
| Year 1, Spring 1, 8:00 AM | evac shelter | Mason Martinez began their journey into the Cataclysm.

The mystery continues…[/quote]
Except he didn’t post his entire memorial file, he just posted “Final Messages”, and suicide only shows up in the “Game History” section, so it’s still inconclusive either way.

Yes it does.

Game History

The mystery continues…[/quote]
Except he didn’t post his entire memorial file, he just posted “Final Messages”, and suicide only shows up in the “Game History” section, so it’s still inconclusive either way.[/quote]Oh I’m sorry, was my report not good enough?

Game History
| Year 1, Spring 1, 8:00 AM | evac shelter | Olle Nilsson began their journey into the Cataclysm.
| Year 1, Spring 1, 1:55 PM | swamp | Caught by a beartrap.
| Year 1, Spring 1, 5:15 PM | road | Threw up.
| Year 1, Spring 3, 11:35 PM | cavern | Consumed mutagen.
| Year 1, Spring 3, 11:35 PM | cavern | Gained the mutation ‘Spines’.
| Year 1, Spring 4, 2:20 PM | field | Worn leather jacket was completely destroyed.
| Year 1, Spring 4, 3:31 PM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 4, 3:45 PM | road, manhole | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 5, 8:19 PM | road | Reached skill level 4 in fabrication.
| Year 1, Spring 6, 7:22 AM | house | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 6, 7:33 AM | field | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 6, 11:40 AM | road | Worn hoodie (fits) was completely destroyed.
| Year 1, Spring 7, 6:35 AM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 7, 8:02 AM | road | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 8, 7:38 AM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 8, 7:50 AM | park | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 8, 11:22 AM | road | Reached skill level 8 in fabrication.
| Year 1, Spring 12, 8:25 AM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 12, 9:24 AM | road | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 12, 11:47 AM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 12, 12:00 PM | road | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Spring 12, 12:33 PM | radio station | Set off an alarm.
| Year 1, Summer 5, 2:09 PM | field | Caught by a beartrap.
| Year 1, Summer 5, 2:37 PM | pool | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Summer 5, 4:46 PM | field | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Summer 6, 11:34 AM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Summer 6, 12:43 PM | road | Worn scrap suit (fits) was completely destroyed.
| Year 1, Summer 6, 2:23 PM | house | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Summer 8, 1:07 PM | road | Worn t shirt (fits) was completely destroyed.
| Year 1, Summer 11, 5:32 PM | road | Received a deep bite wound.
| Year 1, Summer 11, 6:19 PM | field | Cleaned the bite wound.
| Year 1, Summer 14, 1:53 PM | field | Olle Nilsson committed suicide.

It hurt even more to go back to my own stupidity…

[size=12pt]OH WHY DID I PRESS THAT SHINY “Q” INSTEAD OF MY TRUSTY “S”?![/size]

Heh, well that was a good laugh, at the expense of old Ollie Nelson of course.

Guess you’ll be ridding yourself of that binded suicide key, HS?

Sometimes the game gets letters wrong and you can’t address an item properly. The solution is to drop it and pick it up again (the drop menu will have a different letter than the use menu).

I’ve done that before. Pressed Q instead of S and didn’t read the prompt.

Since then, I’ve basically unbound the suicide key from the prompt because I’ve never really ever needed it anyway, and it’s just an accident waiting to happen. Besides, if I really wanted to do that ingame for some role playing reason, I’d do it with a bit more dramatic flare.

Drive into something at like 500 km/h
Explode a gas pump with a flame thrower
Throw myself at the zombie horde
Drink acid on Sunday
You get the idea.

I also unbound the use wielded item key for the similar reasons. Drinking bleach or ammonia when I’d rather use it to make mutagens and purifiers just sucks the big one.