How to reload laser pistol/UPS not recognized in inventory?

Was this on the latest experimental build?[/quote]
Heck no. I’m not adventurous enough for that. “MOTD” in the main menu sez “v 0.9 Ma”
am I behind on versions?[/quote]

[quote=“Iosyn, post:17, topic:5128”]Nah, not really. The next stable should be out today if we pray hard enough, that or within the next week maybe.

Protip: The experimentals usually work fine although you may find a game crashing bug from time to time. If you do, report it-- helps everyone all round. :stuck_out_tongue:
Generally they also have a lot more new content and features than the last stable version.[/quote]So in other words yes, you are waaaaaaaaay behind on versions, you’re missing out on TONS of newer features.[/quote]

fair enough. Considering how often my “stable” game was crashing I think maybe I’ll still steer clear of experimentals.
I’m not in any rush for new content, there’s so much to amuse me as is. After all, I’ve been putting up with Dwarf Fortress Release schedules - the updates here seem downright speedy!

[quote=“flaede, post:21, topic:5128”]fair enough. Considering how often my “stable” game was crashing I think maybe I’ll still steer clear of experimentals.
I’m not in any rush for new content, there’s so much to amuse me as is. After all, I’ve been putting up with Dwarf Fortress Release schedules - the updates here seem downright speedy![/quote]

Well, most crash bugs that are repeatable get fixed often enough. If you can get a game to crash at the same time every time. Give us a savegame and instructions. That would be great mkay.

Gave up. Deleted world. It certainly wasn’t anything obvious. Just sudden crashing.

NEXT time I’ll do better - savegames and instructions, even if it’s “walk in that direction”

[quote=“flaede, post:23, topic:5128”]Gave up. Deleted world. It certainly wasn’t anything obvious. Just sudden crashing.

NEXT time I’ll do better - savegames and instructions, even if it’s “walk in that direction”[/quote]Yeah the 0.9 “stable” version isn’t nearly as stable as most experimentals, and if the experimental you downloaded is really buggy just submit some bug reports and try again in a few hours.