Gameplay: Borked mechanics and their effect on gameplay strategies?

Well, I just learned that Skill Comprehension is broken and being capped at 100%, regardless of Int/traits. (I’m looking at you Fast Learner!) This definitely affects gameplay/tactics. Are there any other broken game mechanics that I should know about? But, especially, mechanics related to character creation. To me, broken mechanics in-game are just difficulty modifiers! :wink:

Edit: borked > broken

Why must you say Bork so much?

Where are you seeing this? My skill comprehension seems higher when I increase my intelligence.

Indeed. AFAIK nothing has been changed involving skill comprehension rates since .4 (skill rust, yes, which was a good thing, but skill comprehension wasn’t changed).

[quote=“kilozombie, post:2, topic:1238”]Why must you say Bork so much?

Where are you seeing this? My skill comprehension seems higher when I increase my intelligence.[/quote]

issue #613

Old habits die hard. What’s wrong with borked? It means broken. Post updated.

You’re correct, since it was also capped in 0.4, as far as I can tell.

Skill comprehension isn’t capped at 100%, it’s just that it doesn’t do anything above 100%.

Not sure what else is messed up, although I do know that i2amroy and one or two other people dug into how Dodge was being used, and found it similarly odd.

I didn’t think to mention it’s implicit not explicit. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for letting me know.