Collision damage through the roof - intended?

every modern vehicle has a suspension system already installed in it, which not only helps with bumpy roads but also disperses energy on a collision. all you need to do is watch videos of crash test dummies to see how a car crumples and see where a majority of the damage happens… in MOST cases, when a car crashes (even upwards of 60-80 miles per hour) the back half of the car is completely unaffected as seen in videos like this.

also… i’m not trying to downplay the fact that you introduced shock absorbers, it works for what it is and i appreciate you for contributing… its the radiant damage system for impacts thats the problem here.

Yes i agree with you, it’s really weird having to explain why the rear of a vehicle does not get as damaged as the front with so many test crash videos on youtube. But let me talk about the gameplay perspective: it’s really boring and frustrating to have your battery/engine/things that are hard to fix damaged because you hit the front of the car at a low speed, i understand it’s realistic and i usually prefer realistic things, but in this case, at least for me, it’s not fun.

In this case there is a old car vs recent car and even the old car rear looks intact after the impact: https://youtu.be/TikJC0x65X0?t=22