Best uses for NPCs

I’ve never noticed my companions getting exhausted before, I guess I just haven’t really put them through their paces. Gonna have to try the steel speer now though.

Though awl pikes are fun as hell due to the extra tile range they have compared to other spears. You can ride a bike or a unicycle and joust zombies.

Then again, maybe using a fire lance could be fun as well…

I had a fun time doing bike archery against shockers not long ago, little different, but same concept.

You can also ride by, let go of the controls and make normal melee attacks on zombies. I love the imagery of that perfect Judo throw INTO the path of your vehicle.

As for the best use for companions? Recently I’ve been thinking of having each of them hold onto a stick of radio detonated TNT…

Strictly to ensure loyalty of course.

That and mutating them into tree-persons so they stop asking to be hand-fed.

[quote=“Logrin, post:24, topic:11672”]You can also ride by, let go of the controls and make normal melee attacks on zombies. I love the imagery of that perfect Judo throw INTO the path of your vehicle.

As for the best use for companions? Recently I’ve been thinking of having each of them hold onto a stick of radio detonated TNT…

Strictly to ensure loyalty of course.

That and mutating them into tree-persons so they stop asking to be hand-fed.[/quote]

O.o

this is good idea. Im clearly not thinking enough about this, when I give them gallon jugs of water and a tin of biscuits

Hey, will they drink booze? For the quenches? What about negative quench booze?

I don’t let them touch my booze, as you can pick up alcohol metabolism if you start as a mutant. I’m basically on the gentleman Jim diet.

But seeing as you can feed them mutagen, I’m sure they’d drink booze. Probably gets em’ drunk too.

Wonder if you could get them addicted to crack…

Currently no, they avoid anything with an iuse function even if it is totally harmless. Unless you hand-feed them, then they’ll accept almost everything.