Advanced inventory

a1e3861 (and some builds back too)

'm’oving a stack of items from an inventory to another now doesn’t ask you how many of them you want to move, not even when moving from the char inventory. For example, if i have 7 first aid kits and i only want to hold 5 of them, i can’t only move 2 of them from my inventory, i either move none or all 7.

It only asks for the amount when there’s not enough room in the destination container to move all the items in a stack.

The current version has different commands:

Move single item: moves one item from a stack (e.g. 1 rock from a stack of 10 rocks).
Move an amount of items: queries how many to move and moves the amount.
Move item stack: moves all items in the stack.

The first command does not show a query. The second command always shows the query. The third command does not show a query normally, only when the destination can not hold all of them.

Also (and this may be a bug): for items that are counted by charges (ammo or certain food, e.g. aspic (100)), the first and command moves the whole stack (because it’s internally a single item).

(You may need to update the key bindings, enter the AIM, press [tt]?[/tt] and adjust as you wish.)

oh, i know the key binding very well.

I probably haven’t expressed myself good enough. I meant the stacks of item moving all the items in the stack, i would like to have a way to split them.

I meant the stacks of item moving all the items in the stack, i would like to have a way to split them.

Yes, use the key that is mapped to “Move an amount of item”, don’t use the key that is mapped to “Move a single item” (a stack of first aid kits is one item), nor “Move item stack” (it moves the whole stack).