What are you currently playing ? (Mandatory topic)

I wasted 26 hours on Fallout Shelter.
Don’t play it. It’s bad, but addicting.
The only reason not to call it “Skinner box” is that Skinner himself requested not to call the box after him.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:801, topic:6312”]I wasted 26 hours on Fallout Shelter.
Don’t play it. It’s bad, but addicting.
The only reason not to call it “Skinner box” is that Skinner himself requested not to call the box after him.[/quote]
26 hours? I feel your pain.

As for what I (was) playing, it was Cogmind. It’s a roguelike thing where you play a robot. And kill other robots. It’s pretty fun and recently came into Beta so it’s much cheaper than it used to be.
Now I scan the internet looking for the next game to take a few days of my time. It isn’t going well.

[quote=“Codeslamer, post:802, topic:6312”]As for what I (was) playing, it was Cogmind. It’s a roguelike thing where you play a robot. And kill other robots. It’s pretty fun and recently came into Beta so it’s much cheaper than it used to be.
Now I scan the internet looking for the next game to take a few days of my time. It isn’t going well.[/quote]

that is such an awesome roguelike, i wish i didn’t suck so badly at it.

Dishonored 2, and I’m really enjoying it; it’s everything I wanted and then some.

Aurora 4x. It is more management than I usually enjoy but still…

Oxygen not included
Kinda Dwarf-Fortressish, but with much more thermodynamics and less dimensions or combat.
Unlike Rimworld or Factorio, this time the second dimension is vertical (up/down, not north/south).

I was playing the Fallout series, but I beat the original two (I’m playing Tactics now, but not devotedly, due to lack of any story,) and am looking for a good game to play. I’m trying Wasteland right now, and am enjoying it, but I want a game with more of a story. I don’t care about graphics as long as they’re not excellent-- my computer has a moderately tough time playing Fallout: NV on medium graphics. I’d like it to be a kind of long game, as I beat the Interplay Fallout games in roughly a weekend. I do love old games, such as the first 3 Metroid games, and the Atari game Adventure. I’m currently playing Cataclysm DDA, but am still working on getting it on my laptop. If anyone knows another good game to play, I would be open to suggestions.

Great advice. These two turned out to be awesome.

been playing starship theory recently as it just came out, the game still has quite a lot to add but people are describing it as FTL + Rimworld and it’s kind of awesome so far.

@bobbyboey, try Underrail, very good cRPG imo

Tried Aven Colony demo - it’s Tropico in space, but with less charm

tried “the end is nigh” recently, made it 28 minutes before refunding, i hate platformers though so not really a surprise.

Opinions on ‘Axu’? It looks interesting…

Lethis Path of progress - clone of Zeus/Pharaoh/Emperor series, but with more crashes and horrible Tumblr artstyle and descriptions
Settlers 6 - probably the least fun I’ve had with a Settlers game
Tangledeep - roguelike with generic SNES RPG artstyle and abilities that manage to be less interesting than “fireball” and “heal”

This, Rim world, and Minecraft.

PC: This, Kongregate stuff, Streets of rogue (thanks for that guys), need to order a controller so my Bro can play WITH me, oh the lovely chaos that will ensue.

Mobile: Cartoon Wars 3 (has that obnoxious power creep problem but otherwise a decent wast of time), Age of Strategy (OH upgrades I want to waste time getting to!)

Xbox 360: the newer Tomb Raiders. The first one felt like a breath of fresh air, but the second one felt… like too much of the same? Can’t place it but it was sort of disappointing.

Battlefield 4, miss the TG community… maybe since I’m less busy I can get back in with them now… last I heard my squad was adamant I get my position back as Squad leader when I return…

Anyone here interested in being recruited? Its a solid community that spans multiple platforms, games, and continents
Tactical Gaming
recruiter: Tetchyhyperion5

Please feel free to PM me any questions, or if you want teammate sometime.

finished Tiranny a few days ago. Unlike PoE, it kept me playing till the end, and it was the story/plot that kept me doing that. Gameplay wasnt bad at all too.

Got back into modded Minecraft. I’m playing with a few magic/exploration mods. I think I might come back to Cataclysm after I beat the giant boss at the end of one of the mods.

wow small world I just got back into it as well, now that I have a computer that can handle it again.

Apoc games has alot of good servers. They tend to run heavily customized packs that blend well. Bungied hub world you can use to jump between the various servers (agrarian skies, vanilla and several others that escape me, including their custom pack which includes several machine mods, magic mods and blending between them. AE can attatch to everything including blood magic) lots of mod presence to keep griefing and the like down, which helps keep it more mature like here.

I think Tactical Gaming also has minecraft groups, and there a tight nit community spanning several platforms.

If either peek your inttrest let em know I sent you ^.^

Finally got Rim world too. SOOOO nice.

NEVER MIND, a bug deleted my entire inventory, all my levels, my ender chest full of shulker boxes, everything. It was like I had never played. I’m going to play Cataclysm now.