Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Battery recipe is not a thing anymore in the main game : #28137

On another topic : how does one train first aid to and past 8 ? I know there’s the advanced emergency care book but it is a bit hard to find, is there something else ?

Oh, that was quick tho…

Nope, I’ve skimmed through the files and there are no other books that raises your first aid skill to or above 8 other than the advanced emergency care book you’ve said earlier.

All first aid books
{
    "id": "emergency_book",
    "type": "BOOK",
    "name": "Guide to Advanced Emergency Care",
    "name_plural": "Guides to Advanced Emergency Care",
    "description": "A thick textbook for paramedics describing advanced lifesaving procedures and field-expedient care methods.",
    "weight": 2063,
    "volume": 8,
    "price": 9200,
    "bashing": 8,
    "material": [ "paper" ],
    "symbol": "?",
    "color": "blue",
    "skill": "firstaid",
    "required_level": 5,
    "max_level": 8,
    "intelligence": 10,
    "time": 55,
    "fun": -1
  },
  {
    "id": "mag_firstaid",
    "name": "Paramedics",
    "name_plural": "Paramedics",
    "description": "An educational magazine for EMTs.",
    "weight": 60,
    "volume": 1,
    "price": 480,
    "color": "pink",
    "max_level": 1,
    "intelligence": 1,
    "time": 8,
    "fun": 1
  },
  {
    "id": "manual_first_aid",
    "name": "The Big Book of First Aid",
    "name_plural": "Big Books of First Aid",
    "description": "It's big and heavy, but full of great information about first aid.",
    "weight": 454,
    "volume": 5,
    "price": 2500,
    "color": "green",
    "max_level": 3,
    "intelligence": 7,
    "time": 20
  },
  {
    "id": "pocket_firstaid",
    "name": "Pocket Guide to First Aid",
    "name_plural": "Pocket Guides to First Aid",
    "description": "This pocket-sized leather-bound guide to first aid combines a wealth of concise information with simple to follow instructions and easy to read illustrations.",
    "weight": 192,
    "price": 4000,
    "material": [ "paper", "leather" ],
    "color": "green",
    "max_level": 2,
    "intelligence": 6,
    "time": 20
  },
  {
    "id": "textbook_firstaid",
    "name": "First Responder Handbook",
    "//": "College-level textbooks are Cheap at $60.  Med book is likely more expensive.",
    "description": "A hardbound book detailing advanced first aid techniques and field-expedient medical care.",
    "weight": 1360,
    "volume": 8,
    "price": 8500,
    "bashing": 4,
    "color": "blue",
    "required_level": 3,
    "max_level": 6,
    "intelligence": 8,
    "time": 30
  },
  {
    "id": "booklet_firstaid",
    "name": "First Aid Kit Instruction Booklet",
    "name_plural": "First Aid Kit Instruction Booklets",
    "description": "Illustrated how-to guide for your first aid kit.",
    "weight": 60,
    "price": 480,
    "color": "pink",
    "max_level": 1,
    "time": 8,
    "fun": 1
  }

I got lucky to find a Doctor profession NPC. Nanette has first aid of 9, so she will bring me up to speed soon. Other than that - probably nothing.

Ok thanks, we might need to add one more book that gets it to 10 then. Something that would drop in labs for exemple.

Regarding slime pits - alas my z-levels aren’t enabled Junknown. I’d love to find a missile silo however :slight_smile:

The pit is in a choke point between forests on the route to the ranch.

That should still leave the battery made of straight up acid, though looking at the item browser it says battery is just made of 2 paper with 0 skill. Which I don’t think is right.

In that case I hope you have reasonable combat skills and a decent cutting weapon. Because there are a lot of blobs in the pits and it is easy to get swarmed in there if you enter unprepared.

If you play with PK’s rebalancing you will also need plenty of prussian blues to counter the radiation from blob attacks. I also believe PK’s adds a chance to spawn a shoggoth in there so keep that in mind.

Hey so in my lab run i decided to peek down some stairs. I peeked into a finale room only to my surprise the bots spotted me and ya. Is this a glitch or are security bots able to spot you even though your peeking?

Are random NPCs more rare now? Or perhaps don’t spawn on certain starting scenarios? I’m 30 days in with NPCs enabled and haven’t seen one (alive or dead) yet.

They’re much rarer nowadays. You can turn the spawn rate up in the world settings though.

You’ll never see them on default spawn rates. I have mine set to 2. I have no idea why they are set so low by default. May as well default them off at that.

Even if you maxed up the NPC dynamic spawn, they are still rarer (but will show up more often than before ofc)

Thanks! I like the idea of them being rare, but at some point I do want someone to show up at random, declare that I’m in their territory, hold me at gunpoint for my lighter, and then eat it :wink:

Just got the “Common Cold” in game. I’ve taken some cough syrup but other than that I’ve been doing what I normally would do IRL… hang out in the house and eat/drink stay warm. Do I have to wait 5 in games day for it to go away?

Not too sure, current player is healthy AF, usually it goes away after sleeping and taking cough syrup from my one experience with it though.
Wondering if I should make a separate topic for outdoor survival, not sure how long it will be, however, I’ve only survived about 23 days outside in the spring, but I’ve learned enough to know how to make a guide for outdoor survival for C:DDA.

They will spot you from peeking, but most of the time they will forget about you after a couple of turns. I would suggest moving away from the stairs into another room, as if you’re right next to the stairs, the bots can still “see” you if they are on the stairs, or are nearby.

by the couple rounds i was already screwed. Imma be more careful from now on.

Yup (Charlimit of 20)

I have discovered that you can just delete/rename/move specific sound files from a soundpack to make them not play without making the game glitch. Getting rid of the “clear obstacle” sound (that plays, among other things, when walking over tall grass) makes sound-enabled play much more enjoyable.