Radio Chat RP topic

“jesus , hell of a story , i’m Oussama , used to be a P.E teacher before this thing struck , in one of my classes the princepal came in and bit the head off one of my students, next thing you know i was the only one left , grabbed my pack , my baseball bat and took all the food and drinks from the cafeteria , now i built a shack of sorts in the woods , using funnels to collect rainwater and hunting for animals with my bow
i also have a farm , growing potatoes , carrots and err…how do i say this…weed”

Slight static occurs.
"Huh?! How did you intercept this signal? I thought… Oh. This is a public signal.

…Fuck."

“yeaah.
its all good mate , i’m one of the good guys”

A small bit of static starts.
“Good guys? No one is truly good, my man. Everyone may think they’re doing good, but they aren’t. All we have been since the Cataclysm is survivors.”

Laughter from Alice and Noire is heard, next to some static

You’re not the only one who didn’t knew he was on a public signal. Earlier this day I heard something that sounded oddly like a military signal, about some kind of…infection I believe?
And the person who spoke was chinese, I just know it. Asian Accent, AND he was named Zhou! I told you, Noire, there is truth to the Chinese attacking!
A heavy Sigh from Noire

Or maybe it was a codename. Every single person who heard of the Romance of the three Kingdoms know the name Zhōu Yú for example, and who wouldn’t want to have him as a Codename? Zhōu Yú was one hell of a general in the novel, he even won against Cao Cao in the Battle of the Red Cli…

Yeah yeah, whatever. Don’t really care. That Guy was chinese, end of the story

And another sigh, before the broadcast stops.

[The broadcast is crystal clear. The static appears to be mimiced, identical to other bursts. The voice is a monotone.]

“Mi-gos aren’t from the serums. It’s all good mate. I’m one of the good guys. Be careful.”

[quote=“Kadian, post:65, topic:12854”]Laughter from Alice and Noire is heard, next to some static

You’re not the only one who didn’t knew he was on a public signal. Earlier this day I heard something that sounded oddly like a military signal, about some kind of…infection I believe?
And the person who spoke was chinese, I just know it. Asian Accent, AND he was named Zhou! I told you, Noire, there is truth to the Chinese attacking!
A heavy Sigh from Noire

Or maybe it was a codename. Every single person who heard of the Romance of the three Kingdoms know the name Zhōu Yú for example, and who wouldn’t want to have him as a Codename? Zhōu Yú was one hell of a general in the novel, he even won against Cao Cao in the Battle of the Red Cli…

Yeah yeah, whatever. Don’t really care. That Guy was chinese, end of the story

And another sigh, before the broadcast stops.[/quote] Static plays a little. “You know, a government guy came to our lab before this happened. He said the Chinese attacking was bullshit and that the reason we were talking about China attacking was to get more people to buy weapons and fight other potential invaders. To this day, I’m not sure if he was lying or not. Maybe he was bloody mental.”

[quote=“Vorpal2, post:66, topic:12854”][The broadcast is crystal clear. The static appears to be mimiced, identical to other bursts. The voice is a monotone.]

“Mi-gos aren’t from the serums. It’s all good mate. I’m one of the good guys. Be careful.”[/quote] “You know, you aren’t being very subtle, Mr. Mi-go.”

Following a long white noise, the Asian male voice emerged again, the voice is not as clear as the last time, with interruptions happening occasionally. The background noise is also louder, with a constant mechanical whirring and metallic noise akin to a moving tank.

Alright, we, the [static] Army 37th Auxillary Company, warns whoever out there still alive in [static] Vermont … and hell, even further south … please stay away, I repeat, stay [static] from anything akin to a low-floating yellowish cloud … no I’m friggin’ serious, inhaling them would be the last thing you [wish] to do.
Also, for any [static] out there … if you see anything akin to giant white moving [static], kill them with fire or industrial-grade [static], and, as an advice, move away from the place as soon [static] as if you see one, there is usually dozens, if not hundreds or [static] around. Also, please warn everyone of their presence on radio if you can, by that you are probably doing [static] for all of us.

The static gets interrupted, a slightly…agitated Noire speaks.

Corporal Zhou of the 37th Auxillary Company, come in. Please explain, what is going on in Vermont? Dr. Howell, myself and a few other Survivors are in New Hampshire, basically next to Vermont. Are we in Danger? How many of your Company are left, do you need Aid?

A low grumble emerges from Noire’s Throat

First the Zombies, then giant Crabpeople, and now some weird…toxic clouds? Seriously, what’s going on here?

Another interruption of static occurs.
“General Zhou, if I may add, could you tell us about whatever industrial grade stuff we may need to get rid of the giant white… whatever the hell you’re talking about?”

The signal is again, crystal clear.

“Please open the door and enter the cell.”

“Please. I’m so hungry.”

The white noise appears briefly again and then dissappeared into, surprisingly, a feminine voice, this time the signal is a lot clearer, and the mechanical noises in the background have also ceased.

"This is Clay Foxtail speaking here. What captain Zhou just mentioned is … well, some sort of giant moving mushroom that reproduces them extremely fast and would infest people with floating spores and … apparently mind-control them. They were maybe of the same origin as these giant crabs according to Sherwood Tompkins, a research assistant we have rescued from the ruins of a lab. I know that it was very hard to believe, but it was real, you need to really take care of these. And also, the thing he just mentioned is agricultural-grade fungicide. Yes, Earth fungicide somehow works just as well on these thing.

As for the toxic cloud thing… well, it was a giant spore cloud released by the aforementioned fungus. When we demolished the central fungal spire in Chittenden with a M3 Gustav, the base erupted like some sort of goddamned spore volcano for nearly a minute, the spores was then blown south by the wind and we can do absolutely nothing about them because of the sheer quantity. Luckily these things would probably die out in one or two days if left alone in the atmosphere, preferably before they reached your location. Also, they moves quite slowly and you can spot them far away on the horizon. Running like hell in the opposite direction does wonders on your safety.

I’d take charge of the radio in the following days since I don’t have much to do here in this caravan – uh, I mean, unit. I’m a former surgical doctor, but none here currently needs surgery."

Light static plays and Dr. Howell is heard.
"So, we are dealing with giant, moving, possibly extradimensional mushrooms with the ability to mind-control people with spores.

We, as a species, have the shittiest luck sometimes.

So, uh…
Got any names for them? I mean “giant moving mushrooms” doesn’t roll right off the tongue exactly."

The white noise appears again and then shifted into the voice of Foxtail. The background was still relatively clear but her speech is not: apparently she is eating something.
“We didn’t haf a official name for these things. Umf But as for us, we prefer to call them “fungaloid” since they are like Earth fungus but not the same. Umf This name’s credit goes to Thompkins, our science guy.”

A little static occurs, then Dr. Howell is heard again.
“Fungaloids, huh? Makes sense. Anything else we need to worry about?”

(Wait, is MMR in this group of fungi?)

(To Flame: It’s up to you, but I don’t think MMR was involved in this action otherwise our band would not be acting so unstressed, if it was still existing at all. I mean, their action actually does correspond to my gameplay, and I did not encounter any super nuke-proof cyborg mutant in the process of burning down a fungal infested area. )

Foxtail’s voice emerges from a brief period of loud static. Mechanical backgraound noises can be heard again, it seemed they are again on the move.

“About the fungaloids? Well, their spores don’t only infest human. It seems that just like the thing that made the zombies, they can take over any animals larger than… hell, we don’t know, just large animals in general. Also, speaking of the zombifying things, there’s a fact: whatever these things are, they seems to be weaker than the fungaloid spores. So far we have already encountered lots of infested zombies, they still do what ordinary zombies do but a lot slower and infective. Closer to our movie zombies before this cataclysm mess, I think.Light laugh

This signal seems to be coming from a rather old plane.

Seems to be Morse code, 3 beeps followed by 3 long tones, then 3 more beeps, it repeats

[quote=“Fourty_two, post:78, topic:12854”]This signal seems to be coming from a rather old plane.

Seems to be Morse code, 3 beeps followed by 3 long tones, then 3 more beeps, it repeats”[/quote]
Heavy static.
“Well, [static]. Anybody here that knows [static] code? I repeat, does [static] know Morse code?”

(Alright then. I’ve kind of lost interest in roleplaying anyway.)