Radio Chat RP topic

The radio message is clear of background static, and the voice appears to sound different. No longer strained, but has a rough, growling edge to it

The Missile is clear of the silo and is heading into the desired coordinates, I’d hazard a guess it’ll be there in 5-8 minutes… Holy shit that’s a hell of a sight, reminds me of that mission on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare… Uh, yeah. Clears throat The missile. I recommend you and who ever’s near in a 47.9 km² or 18.5 mi² radius to Get the FUCK out of dodge. As for me, I’ll just get to a vantage point and see the fireworks…

Good luck and god speed, this is Nathan, signing out.

[quote=“A Blitzkried of Butts, post:19, topic:12854”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:8, topic:12854”]This signal is devoid of major static but incredibly faint.

“Anyone with security permissions to the … bio labs just outside of town: Admin locked people in here. Law enforcement, fire department, someone with explosives and working comms, I don’t care - I’m locked four floors down and the entire lab’s offline save for security and the refrigeration units. Please…”[/quote]

“Bio lab you say? I think I saw one a ways back, I’ll start hoofin it there plus I have 'splosives for days!”[/quote]
((You’re going to have to beat MMR there!))

A message comes in, with some minor static. You can make out what appears to be machines or electrical engines humming in the background. A somewhat feminine (or androgynous) voice starts talking.

Oy, Nathan, is this a joke? Are you really telling us that you shot a Nuke at a city, dooming it’s citizens in the process? You should know how small the number of survivors is, and you got nothing better to do then blowing a few more up? You’re really…ugh, nevermind. I wish good luck to everyone near the explosion, if you survive, let us know and we can come and help as best we can.
Noire out.

Radio message is as clear as day but background static can be hear with loudness depending on distance from radio station.

“Detonation confirmed, the blast was far away enough were we only had to deal with radiation, not as high as I expected. Any survivors in the vacinity of the city may make their way to the station again but be clear of the bakst zone…We avoided quite the fight…Anyone by the blast zone prior to the blast would of been killed by the horde…spreader out…”

[quote=“TheFlame52, post:22, topic:12854”][quote=“A Blitzkried of Butts, post:19, topic:12854”][quote=“Pthalocy, post:8, topic:12854”]This signal is devoid of major static but incredibly faint.

“Anyone with security permissions to the … bio labs just outside of town: Admin locked people in here. Law enforcement, fire department, someone with explosives and working comms, I don’t care - I’m locked four floors down and the entire lab’s offline save for security and the refrigeration units. Please…”[/quote]

“Bio lab you say? I think I saw one a ways back, I’ll start hoofin it there plus I have 'splosives for days!”[/quote]
((You’re going to have to beat MMR there!))[/quote]

Challenge accepted skreb!

I think it’s up to Pthalocy as to who saves him.

Why don’t we arrive there the same time? Battle it to the death?

MMR can take a tank shell at point blank and punch a man so hard he explodes. Good luck with that.

If we make this an ongoing thing I’d rather have MMR be more of an unknowable force than a main character.

((due to an unfortunate series of workshifts and general election-related stress (im not even american what is this) I’m not really keeping up with this too well. Those of you hoping to get into the lab may ad-lib it as you see fit. Expect a very mutated, birch-antlered, bear-tree creature. It won’t be hostile, but it won’t really be able to reply by radio any more.))

The faint radio signal returns, but what is heard closer resembles laboured breathing than words. Noises and clacks are heard as if someone is slapping at the radio dials clumsily. Animal, possibly? This noise remains quiet, possibly someone is trying to listen on standby. The signal eventually fades to silence and cuts out as the batteries maintaining the broadcast have likely died.

Lel fair enough

((Psst. Do a radio broadcast about being offended about being beat to the target. MMR isn’t one for idle radio chatter.))

(Ok) “Now really Mr Oh-so-mysterious! I can get there faster than anything else! So I guess we’ll find out!”

This broadcast is in very high quality, but the voice does not seem to be human.

I am unsatisfied. You promised me electronics for your freedom. When I arrived, you were already free, and the lab had been looted. Luckily for you I was able to to get a quantum solar panel after a brief battle with the robotic security.

“If anyone is listening, all hope is lost, the only thing I desired is the answer to the question of how all of this happened.It’s not 42. And is this reality?This seems to be all a dream. By now I’am just ranting, and what I said will never make sense. I’am in the a harbor, trying to get a boat to work. If this boat ever launches, I’am aheading for Greenland. Not much people there, so not much zombies. I doubt I be able to broadcast anything. But I did got one of those long range raidos, so if you can manage to get amp up a raido tower, I might be able to contact you guys again.I won’t don’t bother coming here becuase it already looted, tons of broken boat in Plymouth Harbor through.Best of luck to me.”

Some mild static plays and a gruff voice with some sort of accent, possibly British, is heard.

“H-Hello? Is this damn thing on? If any survivor is hearing this, let me introduce myself. The name’s Dr. Robert Howell. I’ve managed to take back a lab I’ve worked at. All the way in… [static] -mpshire. I also found some serums. Kinda [static] -een. No labels. If my plan works, I’ll be able to survive in this hell[static] a lot longer.”

Wow, you made an account just to RP in this topic? Welcome to the forums, mate!

(Uh, thanks.)

(hell yeah , great to have you on board !)

(Once again, thanks. Anyhow, shall we carry on with the RP?)

Radioo message is as clear as day but background static can be hear with loadness depending on dostance from radio station.*

“These pneumatic weapons have proved very helpful in putting down any dead that approach, very cheap silent and effective. We ahve rigged a few solar panels we gathered from some solar vehicles to power water purification utilities, cooking utilities and food preservation. We have more solar cells and I will see we have more panels working soon. Need fuel and ammo is no longer needed. Any survivor who wishes to seek refuge or trade is welcome!”