Fluffy tentacled mutant [Art upd:Dec12]

Well, DDA is set in 'Murica, where we have the right to bare arms and the right to arm bears, whatever the hell we wanna do!

“Sharks, laser sharks, overbearing assistants!” - Lego Robopirate

ShadowDragon8685, the chihuahua idea is so awesome I can’t resist doodling it. Maybe I’ll make a bigger role for this dog in the story.

That picture gives me a thought. She doesn’t carry a gun. So what does she carry in those magazine pouches at her waist? Candy bars? Fistfuls of granola perhaps?

Tools and other useful things.

PS. Candy bars are considered useful…

I don’t know what you use them for, but I think they are great mood uppers! Especially if you’re a builder! However, I recommend you don’t bite the metal in desperation for food. It seems unadvisable. I tasted metal once, but that was because of biting my tongue once. So that’s different. I don’t understand vampyrs; blood tastes freakin’ nasty!

What are you talking about? What metal?

–Why, the tools of course! I imagine Lydia gets a lot of fun from building and invention things, thus, they are great mood uppers!
–What? Did you think I was talking about candy bars? I am also curious as to what candy bars are used for, other than eating, of course.

I finally got around to making that mutant cultist from so long ago! Hopefully Lydia won’t need to worry about this guy (if it is a ‘guy’) trying to sacrifice her to eldritch horrors!

Curious concept. This mad fella probably rolled in a pool of mutagen to become this.

Of course he did. He wishes to become like his eldritch god Cthulhu! Chances are, he’d slit his own throat if he was told to. Because cultist

–I’ve started up playing Skyrim again, and I totally forgot how annoying Lydia can be in it. Based off of many people I’ve talked to, she’s basically a meme at this point. I’ve seen many a Skyrim video that mainly has Lydia as the metaphorical antagonist in it, and of course you should also remember the large tendency for this to happen: “Hey, Lydia, I need to get past. Lydia, seriously, let me get out. LYDIA! Come on, move it!” In the end, I ‘fus ro dahed (I totally spelled that wrong)’ her off a cliff near High Hrothgar. It was very satisfying.
–Luckily, CDDA Lydia is freaking awesome! If only I could get her to be my follower. She’s actually intellectual! Alas, the chances of it happening are slim to none.

Actually you spelled it right. That’s how they getcha.

It’s been a year since I published the first picture of Lydia, so I think it’s kinda her birthday.

Sorry I wasn’t active lately. A lot of work and the game I’ve been waiting for over 2 years is finally about to continue. This last part is overwhelming me with inspiration to make art and sketches related to that game. But I haven’t forgotten about Lydia. I’m still planning to make a short cartoon about her and right now I’m working on the next small animation like the one with her lunch. It’s going to be finished sometime next month.

Always love to see a new bit of art from you.

-Ha! Love this! That said, I love all your work. :grin: Keep up the good work!

-This gave me an imagine of Lydia finally finding her parents.They aren’t zombies (thankfully), but they seem to have mutated a bit more than their daughter…

Huzzah! Love the art. Want to hang it on the wall in my gaming nook. Moar please!

My own mutant survivor met a leg-tentacled NPC today and I thought ‘Lydia?’

But no, not a very nice cephalopod at all. Impressive dodge though. But that beak… just mean.

(Nadine Curry, low skill in dodge, swim, unarmed and melee, nothing in others. Beak, Ceph. Eyes, Gills, and Vision, Deft, Heat Dependent, Ins. Dext, Ins. Smart, Leg tentacles, Self-Aware, Slit nostrils, Squeamish, V. thirsty.

Wearing a trenchcoat over a tank-top and not much else. Effective dodge of 11.5, that is fun to watch. She just swirls out of the way of everything!
Had a lighter and a first-aid kit, bag of peanut butter candies and a root beer. And a frying pan. Seems to prefer living underwater. Maybe I can tailor some gear for her. )

TheKobold, redxlaser15, thanks! I appreciate that you keep visiting my thread for so long :wink:

Actually, I wanted to add some of my stuff on Redbubble. Specifically the “1 year” and print from her t-shirt on the “before mutation” piece.

PS. Funny. Lydia is really good at dodge and the frying pan was the first “lethal” weapon Lydia used since she started surviving. The very first thing she used to defend herself was her umbrella.

And now I know that that exists. Do it!
Customer right here.

I (might) start working on attempting to draw some of the mutants I’ve met ingame. Maybe. I just need to actually, you know, take the time for it.