Coming and Going thread - Say hi, say bye. For new people, hiatuses, departures

Thanks for telling me.

Back for a moment. I disappeared without a trace because my new job took most of my time now and I don’t know how to manage it well.
I got removed from CleverRaven group. Not sure if it’s because of me being overly critical or just a purge of inactive members. Either way, sorry if I hurt anyone - I try to treat others like I treat myself, but this isn’t a good idea if you’re used to negativity and self-deprecation.

I most likely won’t be coming back to regular development. I’ll check on the forums a few times. If I’m needed for something, e-mail is the best route.

Bad news, everyone!
That’s really sad, we’ll be missing you. I really hope you’ll find free time for yourself (and maybe Cata too).

Simple purge of inactive members, you’re welcome to rejoin.
EDIT: Congratulations on the job. Hope it’s going well other than the time management issue.

Irregular will be very good too.

I could make a PR now and then, though not as huge (or as often) as before. I probably won’t pick up the old huge projects, unless someone really needs them done.
I rethought the whole code quality thing and I see what you meant about loose coupling and all that jazz. If we have a plan, I could contribute to that. I could use some practice with design patterns or changing inheritance to composition.

My computer fan is essentially broken, so coding will be less common

Just a fan? Put a gofundme together for $20? :wink:

Hi Im Kenji! A passion for programming a terrible writer and a lazy son of a…
I have been in this forum for quite a while now i only saw this thread right now so meh :v. I started playing cataclysn dark days ahead two months ago when i was searching for open world zombie apocalypse type of games on android of course. And i found this on a site. And i downloaded it.

My first encounter with a zombie i just beaten the ---- out of everything Like a noob and didnt do much stuff loot and run i guess. Till i searched for cataclysm dda stuff. And i found out of the pc version which was WAAAAAYYYY more easier. Till my tablet broke and i was forced to play on pc. Now its repaired and my pc is gone im now playing on a phone. Still my best tactic is loot and run. Im also willing to contribute to mods.

Hey! I’m chieflean, I’ve been playing for… a while. I remember vaguely 0.A and more clearly 0.B, as well as a tiny bit of gameplay pre-kaufmann. I’ve recently got back into playing and in my (admittedly incredibly sparse) spare time I’ve been working on porting and updating/upgrading a mod, Artyom’s Gun Emporium.

So that’s me! If you need any info or want to chat, hmu. I swear I’m more interesting than my profile image would have you believe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello y’all welcome to the thread and forum :smiley:

@code_4life ^.^ cool! Hope to see some of your stuff floating around sometime, though… I keep finding myself intending to play more than I actually play… so I might not :frowning: sorry

@chieflean only boring people are as interesting as their profile says they are :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi again!

I’ve played CDDA for quite a few years now. Since before the current Github repo I think?

Such an amazing game. !!Fun!! I play with the hitbutton_iso tileset. It’s … magic. Magic.

I’m a computer scientist. Have always meant to work on CDDA. Finally got around to doing writing some code and have submitted some pull requests!

Welcome to the forum and the github!

Yo. I just joined about few days ago.
Nice to meet you.
I’ve been playing for while, but only recently I decided to be a part of this community.

Hello, I am old time haunter on the old forum. I intermittently check back in as the game evolves and came back to it after a 1.5 year hiatus. I was wondering why all the mods on the old forum wasn’t working and then noted the date on them was back in 2017. I actually thought that the game was dead, which was odd given how vibrant the community was.

You guys moved, I am liking the new format of the forum, took a little to get used to, but the UI is very friendly once you do.

I am super sad to find that Pisskop has quit the game for real life. Understandable of course, but its sad never the less, I love the guy and the scope of his mod. I actually get quite bored with the base game once I have reach the mid game. On the other hand I am really glad someone else has taken up the mantle of his mod and I am loving the new building mods and lua mods and the integrated Ascension Mod.

I am also loving the new additions to the experimental build, the UI has improved quite a bit.

In any case, I am enjoying the game more than ever. Thanks to the team and modding community.

Hello “newcomers” :smiley: good too ‘see the new faces’ just realized a bit ago that it had been like… several weeks since I last checked the forums, so ashamed, but look forward to seeing y’all throughout the forum ^.^

Hey there! I’ve been playing Cataclysm for a few weeks now and enjoying it so much I figured I’d contribute. Plus, modding and helping the github when I can should be a valuable experience.

Woot Woot! more hands on deck! Look forward to seeing what you contribute :smiley:

I’m going to be gone for a bit and I might archive or move my GitHub mod repositories.

Cuz of the windows buyout? yeah, good luck, enjoy your ‘time-off’ :slight_smile: