Coming and Going thread - Say hi, say bye. For new people, hiatuses, departures

Random_dragon went peacefully, said his goodbyes, and apologized. While I can understand, and miss random myself. It’s hard to find Kev “guilty” or unreasonable in any way when random was more or less in agreement to the decision. (with a heavy lean towards more)

Random definitely was saddened by the decision, but my impression was that he saw it coming and couldn’t fault Kev in any way.

The lurker emerges from his bunker and surveys the world around him. Hearing the war sounds subside, BorkBorkGoesTheCode utters a cautious greeting: Hello, World?

(78%) “relax, I won’t hurt you.”
(46%) “Shut up and drop your weapon!”
(24%) “Get out of here!”
(36%) “You want to protect me?”
(99%) “Can I randomly do something for you?”

Its dangerous out there, take this:
Noctifer hands BorkBorkGoesTheCode an official greeting.
It reads: Welcome to the forums newcomer!

Hello, and thanks for the greetings! I don’t have a side in the argument, i’ve just decided to join this community recently.

I found Cataclysm: DDA a few years back while on a search for a survival/sims-ish game. I had been toying with the idea of merging fallout into the sims, but i’ve have decided to abandon those plans in favor of combining some of my ideas into a mod for Cataclysm: DDA instead (this will be my first serious attempt to contribute to the development of any software really, so progress may be slow).

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:445, topic:4612”]Hello, and thanks for the greetings! I don’t have a side in the argument, i’ve just decided to join this community recently.

I found Cataclysm: DDA a few years back while on a search for a survival/sims-ish game. I had been toying with the idea of merging fallout into the sims, but i’ve have decided to abandon those plans in favor of combining some of my ideas into a mod for Cataclysm: DDA instead (this will be my first serious attempt to contribute to the development of any software really, so progress may be slow).[/quote]

Modding is very simple once you learn what things mean in the json files. If you need help just reverse engineer some other mods and ask for help here.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the advice, Noctifer. So far, I’ve been editing .JSON files copied from the base game, but I
plan to gain enough skill to generate my own. Eventually, I plan to get enough skill to become a developer.

And, rather belatedly…yes, there were private discussions. This had gone back a long time, and I fucked up repeatedly.

I admit that. The only thing that made it so damn…annoying was that as much as I’ve admitted my fuckups, there’s never been any acknowledgement on Kevin’s part that he contributed to this clusterfuck. This long-running problem was not entirely unprovoked. There was a context behind it, both bad attitude on my part and on Kevin’s.

Hi
I download cataclysm around a year ago and I found it quite confusing, the ascii symbols didn’t help.
I redownloaded it and gave it another try, this time is tile sets and stuff, after a week of dying a lot(fun) I gotten the hang of this game. Sort of.

Welcome. I remember my first few days when i died constantly. Good times.

I will have to go on a hiatus for ~2 months. I have just acquired a job that requires me to get a drivers license in 30 say…I have two certification exams coming up and have to learn the reins of said job. I will come here whenever I can but much less often. For those that care I will also have to put development of my mod during that time. If a mod breaking mod occurs I will try to fix it but It might take days. So that is that i suppose.

Have a good time at your new job, Noctifer.

can’t wait for you to excel and return to us.

Hi people, i’m new here. I found this game on some discussion on other forums and thought it would be a good idea to join the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

@User909, Welcome! Happy Surviving!

I’m new to the CDDA forums, but I’ve been playing since early this year, so hello!

Greetings, Wutnold124. Which version are you playing?

Hello to all the new victims of the cataclysm.

Experimental graphical build, should be the latest one.

edit: Just checked the main menu, it says 0.C and a bunch of garbled numbers and letters, so yeah.

Hi guys,I’m Gally! I played this game for quite a time without knowing this forum exists!